4- Puppet

Tanya's POV

Today, I was getting married. There weren't any butterflies running in my stomach nor was I blushing. The only thing I could feel was dread. My life was going to be controlled by someone else. There was still some time left for the wedding but he had already started controlling me.

I had thought of wearing the attire, my Mom had wore for a wedding, but my simple wish was also stomped down. I guess, it was my foolishness to get shocked when my to-be husband tore down the dress, saying it would ruin his reputation. He then gifted me or should I say, forced me to wear a gaudy attire, which represented his class. He could have just said to not wear the dress of my choice. What was the need to tear apart something that had so many memories? Well, I guess that was a part of being a trophy wife.

Muttering curses under my breath, I started to get ready. One look at the dress again was enough for me to puke. To say it simply, I hated it. Taking a deep breathe, I resumed dressing up.

"You are still not ready?" Mom whisper shouted, as soon as she entered the room.

"Where is Sia? She was supposed to be here to help you", Mom asked, her eyes filled with worry.

"Sia? I haven't seen the girl since the morning fight", I answered, getting worried as well.

My younger sister was constantly fighting with me for me. Even with the complications in our life, she didn't want me to take this step. I hope she didn't do anything drastic in her anger.

"Goodness, what should I do with this girl? Forget her for now and let's get ready fast. We wouldn't want to make son-in-law waiting. What if he cancels wedding in anger?" Mom blabbered while running around the room, gathering the accessories for me.

I mentally rolled my eyes thinking, 'Who in their right mind who cancel the wedding just because the bride was a little late'. However, I didn't utter a single word infront of Mom.

"Come and sit down. I will style your hair", Mom instructed.

I sighed but did as she told. Her wealthy son-in-law could give a gaudy dress studded with diamonds but couldn't provide a few helpers. Of course, why would he? The dress would be presented in front of everyone but who was going to see if I had any helpers or not. It all depended on whether it could be visible to the world or not.

"Tanya, remember one thing that our life is in your hands. Please don't do anything that would anger him. If he says to do something then do it and if he says to forget or stop doing anything then immediately drop that thing. Never argue, never negotiate. Who knows, what your reluctance would result into". And the list went on and on.

🔹Always say yes.
🔹Don't argue.
🔹Don't make any decisions.
🔹He is always right.
🔹He is God.
🔹Do things as per his liking.
🔹Wait for him before eating.
🔹Always ask for his permission
-for going out of the house
- for buying something
- for meeting or calling my parents
(lets not even think about friends)
-for using any other facility
provided in his home.
(I might as well ask permission before breathing)

A sad chuckle left my lips hearing all this. I already knew this but hearing my mother say it all aloud made it all more pathetic.

Today, I wasn't getting ready to become married, I was getting ready to become his puppet.