52- What were you talking about?

Tanya's POV:

We all retired to our respective rooms except Rishi and Nikhil, who were now occupying the honeymoon suite.

I had already changed into the casual clothes and was just waiting for Sia to come out of the bathroom; so that we could join others. Having come so far, we were going to enjoy what this island could offer, before heading back home.

"Are you sleeping inside? You do realize that we need to join others today itself, right?" I asked with a groan, already tired of waiting.

"Go alone if you are so impatient. I need some more time", Sia yelled from inside.

"And stop groaning. If you don't remember, then let me remind you- You were the one who spilled curry on me. So keep quiet and let me shower in peace", she added with full on attitude.

"Yeah yeah, it's all my fault. I bow to you, My Queen. Please forgive this lowly disciple".

She chuckled hearing my words but after a second she sobered up and spoke in an eloquent tone, "You are forgiven", like a queen she was.

A knock on the door interrupted our act.

"Who must be there right now? I thought almost everyone had left for the beach" I wondered.

"It would be Trisha Di. She must be here to give me her spare sandals. Just take them from her", Sia instructed from inside.

Ah! Trisha the saviour. Sia's sandals gave up their life last night. Thank Goodness, Trisha had spare sandals. Or else Sia would have to spend the whole journey in high heels, she bought for the wedding, ultimately wrecking her legs.

"Stop ordering me around", I muttered to Sia, before going to open the door.

"Tris—"

I stopped midway while speaking when I realized that it was Raghav at the door.

Shit!! I managed to avoid him until now by always being in the company of one family member or the another.

'What do I do now? Sia, please come out of the bathroom fast or I will be doomed'.

"Is Sia here?" He asked, roaming his eyes around the room.

'That's the problem. She isn't', I cried internally.

"In the bathroom", I answered.

"Oh okay. Umm..then come outside", he said, before whispering, "Let's not talk within her hearing range".

I closed my eyes in despair. Not talking in front of Sia meant that he was going to have the conversation about the peck. I WAS DOOMED.

"Tanya", Raghav called out when he realized that I didn't follow him.

"Coming", I told him, before informing Sia that I would be outside, although not by choice.

"Raghav please let it go this once. It won't happen ever again", I pleaded.

'No wait, I can't promise about forever'.

"I mean, next time I will ask you before and take your consent", I modified.

"No, you are taking it wrong. You don't need to ask me before. You are free to do whatever you wish to and however you wish to", Raghav said, making my eyes go wide in shock.

"Really?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah really. You don't need my permission to use the money from the joint account. Its just that a huge amount was taken out so I got worried", Raghav assured.

"Wait! What are you talking about?" I questioned, not understanding what was going on. Where did the topic of money come from?

My confusion was contagious as Raghav looked more confused after hearing my question.

"What did you think I was talking about?" He questioned back, instead of answering.

"Well about the peck on the cheeks", I blurted out like a fool in trance.

My breath hitched because of my stupidity and I hurriedly closed my mouth with my palm. It was official now- I WAS CRAZY.

Raghav muffled his laugh, trying his best to not make fun of me.

"What were you talking about?" I asked, desperately trying to change the topic.

"Oh, about that...actually I received a message from the bank that about two lakhs have been debited. I was worried that something bad had happened with the academy or something", Raghav explained.

I had hoped that changing the topic would make everything alright but this just amplified my worry.

"Why does it look like you have no idea about this?" Raghav queried, scratching his forehead.

"Because I don't...", I muttered, biting my lips in tension.

"Just give me few minutes then. I will call the bank and ask them. There has to be some glitch or in worst case, our account has been hacked. We need to resolve this fast. Where could the money go if we didn't withdraw it?" Raghav spoke, before taking out his mobile.

"Wait", I stopped him, "Let me call Dad".

"Huh? But why?" He questioned, looking confused.

"I gave my debit card to Dad before coming here. Mom wasn't feeling well plus we all were so away from home. So I gave him my card to use in case of medical emergency", I informed Raghav.

"Please don't tell me he lost the debit card", I mumbled under my breath while taking out my mobile to call him.

"It is better if the debit card is lost", Raghav spoke, making my finger halt.

I was about to press the call button when Raghav uttered this nonsensical words.

"Have you lost it?" I seriously asked.

How was it better for the card to be stolen? Two lakhs wasn't a small amount.

"Just think about it, Tanya. If the card isn't stolen then it means that there is an medical emergency.

"There's no way your parents would use up this amount of money unless the situation is at the worst.

"Money being stolen is far better than your mother being ill. So I really hope that is the case where we can just make a police complaint and block the card".

I didn't know that my heart had more space left. Raghav kept on taking all over my heart. I couldn't believe that such a great man was my husband.

I gave him a small smile, touched by his words.

"I will just call....", I trailed off, before calling Dad.

Raghav and I stood there with bated breaths, scared out of our minds as the call took its sweet time to go through.

Our worries kept multiplying with each passing dial tone.