14- Garbage Dump

Tanya's POV:

Everyone was much more welcoming than I had imagined. They all acted as if this was a real marriage rather than a forced one even though we all knew the truth. Raghav was only supposed to be my fiancé until we found out a proper solution.

Although they all were very sweet, I was still scared of 'The Husband' title. The ideas and instructions given by my Mom brought a new level of fear in me. I had been really scared last night but Raghav proved to be the person he was known for- Respectful. He was no doubt irritating but still, he wasn't a monster, I feared he would turn out to be.

Along with his nice behaviour, Trisha's presence in the morning did wonders. It made me realize that this was my best friend's family and I have known them since so long. They weren't going to hurt me, if not mine then for Trisha's sake at least. This realization was enough to put me at ease.

After Sia had gone back to her college,  Raghav resumed watching the movie. I took this as an opportunity to unpack my luggage leisurely, without him noticing my essentials.

It had been fifteen minutes or so, when I heard a knock on the door. I hurriedly covered my inners that were lying around on the floor and asked him to come in.

"Hey Don't––", he stopped in his sentence as his eyes took in the condition of the room.

"What have you done to my room?! He shouted, heaving angrily.

"Relax, will you? The mess will be cleared once I am done unpacking".

Though, I had spoken confidently, I was shitting inside. He was there standing angrily over me while I was on the floor with clothes and other items surrounding me.

"The rate with which you are going, it is going to take you a month to unpack all these", he ran his hand through his hairs in frustration, before muttering, "My room has turned into a garbage dump".

"Not everyone can be as perfect as you", I shouted, raising my hands in air in frustration.

Standing up, I gathered everything and dumped it into the wardrobe, he had emptied for me.

"There done!! The garbage dump has turned into your room again". I waved my arms around the room with a sarcastic smile.

"You do realize that everything will fall, once you open the wardrobe, right?" He asked looking at me like I was a troubled kid.

I stomped my legs in frustration. He had a problem with an unclean room, now he has a problem with this too.

A few seconds passed by and he started laughing.

"Sorry", he apologized but continued laughing. However, he did try to hide his laughter.

"What?!" This man was frustrating to say the least.

"The reason I came up was to tell you that you don't need to unpack. As we will be leaving tomorrow, we would have taken your luggage as it is. But now you have....", he trailed off, looking towards my wardrobe.

I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down. Raghav had a knack of ruining my patience. If had come to inform me to not unpack then he should have just said so. Why waste time by commenting on the room? Now, I had to pack the luggage again. Wait a minute––

"Exactly, where are we going tomorrow? And why would I need my whole luggage even if we are going somewhere?" I asked as curiosity and fear filled by mind simultaneously.

Raghav scratched his head nervously.

"There's some problem in one of the branches of our restaurant. So we need to go for a month. I figured you would need most of things as a month is a long time. So...".

His words killed the curiosity and the fear won, making it the only thing present in my mind.

'One month. A full month, alone with him, away from the eyes of his family. Was this problem made up? Was he making up an excuse to show his true colours? Was Sia right about the changing face of the men?'

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? Did you inform everybody else?" I asked suspiciously.

"We just married yesterday. How early do you expect me to tell you?", he deadpanned.

When I didn't say something. he sighed and spoke again, "To be honest, I forgot to inform you in the morning as so many things had happened. It totally slipped my mind. And yeah, everyone else knows. I had received the email yesterday morning, before we came to know about all this", he said pointing towards both of us while saying 'all this'.

I slumped down on the bed, not knowing what to do.

Even if he remained the same and didn't turn out to be a monster, I was still uncomfortable in living alone with him. How was I going to make him understand my fears?

"Umm..can't you go alone?" I asked, hoping against my luck to receive a positive answer.

"Well, I am not dying to take you with me, I just can't help it. If you seriously don't want to come then you would have to think of a valid excuse for not coming with me", he replied, his face portraying clearly that he too had no other choice.

"An Excuse?"

"Yeah", he shrugged, "I have told my family that we will make this marriage real. I didn't want to worry them by having them think that we are just ruining our life by faking a marriage. So, if you are not going to accompany me, we will need an excuse.

"Plus, we need something to tell your parents too. You know their behaviour. So either think of something to tell our parents or pack the luggage to come with me".

This guy, sometimes he acted like a saviour but then would take a whole turn and behave like a jerk, putting everything on my shoulders. I wasn't even sure if his helplessness was real or just an act to get me there alone.