31- Finally letting her go

Raghav's POV:

I tried my best to overcome my sadness. It had been many years since I had made peace with myself. I knew for a fact that I wasn't getting Naina back ever in life again. But seeing her again, brought back all the memories. All those times when I spend time with her, the times when my life was filled with joy and also the time when I lost myself in the pain of losing her.

She was one of the people with whom I could really open up to. The time spend with her was the best time of my life, but now I had to move on from her.

Hopefully, it would be possible now as the only thing that was stopping me to move on, except for my love for her, was my worry for her.

Even though everyone around me was angry on her, I was worried. I knew Naina was not the type of person to carelessly break someone's heart.

My family was aware of her nature too. But looking at my devasted state, they got angry on her, leaving any other thoughts of her being in trouble behind.

Now that I finally found the reason behind our break up and that she was alright, I could finally sigh in relief. Not fully, but slowly and steadily, I could finally let go of her from my heart.

Of course it wasn't going to be easy, but I knew letting her go was important. Not only for my own state of mind but also for Tanya.

Even if I had told Tanya to not expect anything from me before marrying her. I also knew that thinking of Naina while being with Tanya wasn't right. It was also a form of cheating.

'Cheating is not only when you are having a affair with someone other than your better half. But it is also when you are thinking of someone else while living with another'.

From the day, I agreed to marry Tanya, I was aware that I had to let go of any thought of Naina. However, I didn't tell Tanya about this, so that she wouldn't have any expectations from me.

Although, I tried with all my might, this was going to be a lengthy process. And I didn't want Tanya to get hurt while waiting for me to come around.

Keeping her in the dark, until I could fully get rid of Naina from my heart, was the best possible solution I could think of. And I did just that until the day Naina came back.

While I was hurting inside, I wasn't ignorant of the fact that this situation effected Tanya just as badly, if not more than me.

Okay, I lied. Before meeting Naina, I took care to ask Tanya's permission and all. But afterwards, I truly forgot about her feelings as I drowned in my own pain.

It was Rishi who put some sense in me. Yeah, totally unexpected from him to speak something worthwhile but he did. He made me realize that my behaviour could cause long lasting effects on Tanya. If my words and actions didn't match, Tanya wouldn't believe that I wouldn't leave her for Naina.

But before giving me this lecture, he solely focussed on comforting me. Hearing me out, without giving his own advices. It was only after I had calmed down, he brought up Tanya's topic.

Tanya was the one who surprised me the most. Even though, we had started to get along and were in the road of friendship, I wasn't expecting so much care for my wellbeing. She was there by my side, through my worst.

I should have enjoyed it while it lasted. Because now, we were back to fighting with each other.

                            ★★★★★

So many things happened and this one month passed by in a jiffy. And we were finally going back to home tomorrow.

I was really happy to return home. I really was but the thing that attached with going, definitely not. If you didn't understand then let me clarify- PACKING.

"Can you ever pack or unpack without making a mess of the room? You don't even leave the space to walk by", I groaned.

Yes!! Tanya made the room look like a garbage dump again. I should have packed my bags before her. Now I didn't know if I would even find any of my things in all this mess.

"Aren't you tired of telling me the same thing again and again? How many times should I tell you? I will clean it up when I am done. I like packing this way. Now don't disturb me", she said, looking annoyed.

I scoffed at her reaction. How can she look annoyed? Did she have any right to when she was the one who was messing up everything?

"Do whatever you want and however you like. Just remember, we are leaving tomorrow and not after a week", I huffed and left the room while shaking my head, tired of her antics.

"Says the one, who hasn't even started his packing", she yelled from the room.

Goodness! She always had to have a last word in our arguments.