64- Adoption

Raghav's POV:

"Our restaurant isn't in another city. I came ages ago; what took so much time for you to return so late". These were the first words I heard upon entering the house.

"I didn't know my precious brother would be waiting for me eagerly, without even informing me about coming to home", I responded.

"Not only him, we all were waiting for you. Now stop your silly banter and come inside soon", Tanya said, while dragging me towards the living room.

"What's going on? Why were you all waiting for me?" I inquired curiously, while waving a hello to Nikhil.

"Rishi and Nikhil have some announcement. But he said he will inform us only after you come", Mom replied, letting out an irritated sigh.

"Important announcement?" Now I was more curious and also grateful that Rishi decided to wait for me.

"Are we waiting for Trisha and Samar too?" I asked and immediately moved back as Dad and Tanya yelled loudly, "NO".

"Hahaha, I don't think they can handle to wait more", Rishi laughed.

"We already contacted them but Trisha is busy. She said something important came up at work. We will tell them later", Nikhil informed us like a normal human being he was, unlike my crazy twin.

"Can we just drop everything and come to the main point?" Tanya asked earnestly.

"Okay so...", Rishi started but stopped again.

"Everyone sit down first. I am afraid, you all will lose your footing after hearing our news".

"Stop eating footage", I said, but followed his words and sat down.

Everyone else too followed my actions and we all sat, desperately waiting for him to speak up.

"We have decided to adopt a kid", Nikhil announced, when he saw that Rishi was in no mood to speak up.

It was too sudden. I wasn't really expecting this and it took me a few seconds to come around what he announced.

"So early? But you two just married", Tanya blurted out, and then palmed her mouth understanding her blunder.

"Yeah like we will get the kid tomorrow itself", Rishi deadpanned sarcastically.

"The adoption process takes time", Nikhil spoke much more calmly.

Although Rishi tried to look annoyed at Tanya's question, he was actually getting defensive. He was scared of our reaction.

I would never forget his fidgety form and his nervous eyes that moved everywhere other than our parents' face. He looked the same when everyone found out he was gay. My twin was trying hard to not show his fear.

I stood up to go near him and silently joined our hands, showing him that he wasn't alone.

"Adoption? This isn't a one time thing. Have you given it a thorough thought? There are more than thousand things you will have to think and take care of", Mom asked in a gentle tone.

"Please don't tell me you two also want a child with same bloodline. I thought at least you would support us", Rishi bursted out.

"I never said that...", Mom trailed, looking hurt and confused, while Dad looked angry at Rishi's comment.

"Sorry. Please don't take his words to heart. It's because my parents are against adoption. They think a child from unknown background would act out and cause troubles. However we have our heart set on adoption. Because we know that its not the blood but the values we give, will affect the child", Nikhil hurriedly explained.