8- Blabbering

Tanya's POV:

Mom and Dad shot daggers at Sia through their eyes while we waited for Trisha's family. I knew what Sia did had put us into problem but I couldn't bring myself to get angry on her. Afterall, whatever she did, was for me.

"Did the person who you were suggesting about, agree? Is he coming to marry Tanya?" Mom asked hurriedly as soon as they all came out of the room.

"Yeah", Trisha's aunt answered with a small smile.

"Wh..who?" I stammered with curiosity and fear of unknown.

"Me", Raghav answered, making me choke on air.

My eyes widened and my hands trembled at the absurdity of the situation.

"Trisha Di, what's happening? I brought you here to stop this wedding nonsense. But this...", Sia trailed off, looking shocked out of her wits.

Trisha came near us and whispered, "Trust me, everything will be fine".

I trusted Trisha but I also knew that she could go to lengths to try and save me. She must have pleaded Raghav to help me. I had to stop all this before I ended up ruining Trisha's bond with Raghav.

"I would like to speak with Raghav once", I asserted.

Mom pulled me aside by my elbow and whispered angrily, "What are you doing, Tanya? Don't do anything that will would result into changing their decision".

Well she tried to whisper. It because clear that everyone heard her from Raghav's words.

"It's okay, Aunty. Regardless of what she says, I am not going to change my decision. So please don't worry and let her clear any doubts she has", Raghav assured, before gesturing me to follow him to the same empty room, they had used for discussion.

The room was full of flowers and other decorative items in numerous baskets. Many other stuff was spread across everywhere creating a mess. Usually, I wouldn't even blink an eye at that but this heavy dress was making it impossible for me to walk steadily.

Raghav tapped his foot impatiently as I tried to maneuver inside the room. I took a deep breath after finally coming in front of him.

"Listen, don't come into Trisha's emotional talks and refuse to marry me", I bluntly came to the point.

"The thing is––"

He started but I didn't let him continue.

"See, it doesn't matter to me, okay. For both cases, I would be marrying for money. But you, you will be destroying your future. That too for someone you don't even like".

"Listen––"

"No you listen. This isn't a one time thing, where you would help me once and it would be over. This will be for your whole life. I am serious. No matter what, I am not going to divorce once I marry. Call me names, if you want but I will keep extracting money for my family unless and until I can get some work.

"This is a bad choice Raghav. You will ruin your life. Please get out of this mess", I requested, while raising my hand to wipe away the sweat that had gathered on my forehead.

"What happened to your wrist?" Raghav questioned with shocked eyes.

Dammit! The bangles had slipped as I raised my hand to wipe of the sweat and the bruise came into full view for him to witness.

"It's nothing serious. I got hurt while getting ready", I lied through my teeth, looking anywhere apart from him.

"If you say so", he said but he didn't look convinced.

"I hope that after my long lecture, you have come to your senses", I asked hopefully.

"I was already in my senses". He glared at me.

"Huh?" I asked incoherently.

"We aren't getting married. This is just an act to buy time. We are going to use this to cancel off your wedding with that Oldie and later we will find something to get you out of this mess", he explained in one breath.

"Why didn't you just tell me sooner? I wasted my energy by getting worried for no reason", I grumbled.

"I tried but you didn't let me speak and kept on blabbering", he answered in a frustrated tone.

"Oops", I muttered sheepishly.

"Try to shut up and listen more. It will help you in future", he preached with a roll of his eyes, before leaving the room.

I too followed him, making a crunching sound with my heels aa I stepped onto the plastic lying on the floor.

"Let me know how much money you would need to repay the earlier groom", Raghav's Dad spoke to my Dad.

"Yeah, I will just apologize to him and ask him about the requirements. Till then you all can get ready for the wedding", Dad replied, smiling widely, fully happy with the turn of events.

His words caused our heart rates to spike.

"Ready? Umm...Don't you think we should wait for few days and properly prepare for their wedding", Raghav's Mom spoke looking scared.

"No no no. We cannot take chance. What if you all change your mind later? We won't have Mr. Pratyush to save the day either. Wedding will happen today itself", Mom spoke adamantly.

"But...", Trisha protested but Dad showed his palm, silencing her words.

"Decide at once. Either Raghav and Tanya's wedding would happen today or I will marry her off to Mr. Pratyush".

His words felt like thousands of knives rained down on us. All the planning, plotting everything was drowned within a second.