Part 5:- I missed you, Dad!

Shaking his head at the girl, Rishi moved to join his parents who excused themselves after a few minutes, leaving Rishi to converse with Mr

Shaking his head at the girl, Rishi moved to join his parents who excused themselves after a few minutes, leaving Rishi to converse with Mr. Seb.

"Thank you Mr. Seb that means a lot " Rishi voiced out to him when he praised the work of the company.

He was always a shy boy who used to hide behind his Bela Mumma for which his jealous father always called him "Mummy ka chamcha". He disliked attending parties and socializing.

He sighed in relief when Mr. Seb went to attend one of his business partners.
He would have happily preferred sleeping in his shorts rather than attending a stupid party in a tuxedo smiling like a Quokka every now and then.

"This is all because of Mumma. She should not have dragged me here " He huffed, slouching on one of the corner chairs, glaring at his gorgeous Mumma and Dadda who were posing for a picture.

He smiled looking at his Dadda who bent down to correct his Mumma's saree plates. "Cute couple" He whispered sipping his orange juice.

"This is no fun" He looked here and there in the party to find some people talking, some engaged in 'sophisticated' eating, some dancing to god knows which tune, and a few sneakily making out.

He continued to sip his orange juice when a small girl came running and hugged his leg "Dad" She screamed excitedly.

Rishi choked on his drink. He started coughing vigorously.

"Sorry dad" The small girl patted his hand with her small hands.

He stopped coughing a few moments later.
The girl smiled looking at him "I missed you dad" She hugged his leg.
Rishi looked at her flustered.

He understood that the girl was mistaken but she was just too cute to resist her hug. He pulled up the girl in his lap. She happily sat on his lap in her pink gown and Minnie mouse hairband looking like a glass doll, blinking her big twinkling eyes.

Rishi hugged her back tenaciously. "But I am not your dad, doll" 

The small girl was clearly offended by his statement. She took his big hand in both of her hands, pinching his palm she said "bad Dadda." She furrowed her eyebrows making a balloon of her cheeks.

That was when Saanvi saw them. She smiled at Rishi who was treating Suchi so softly. She couldn't hear what they were talking but they were surely immersed in serious discussion as Suchi's extra chubby cheeks conveyed.

Shaking her head, she moved towards them with a small smile shining on her face.

Rishi could not help but chuckle at Suchi's cute antics. " Come here, we will find your parents " He stood up holding her.

She turned her head away.
"I will give you a chocolate " Rishi said trying to gain her attention.

And so happened, Suchi quickly snapped her head towards him expectingly.