Part 13:- Talks

"Hmm?" He hummed waiting for her to convey her words

"What were your dreams of a wife?" She was unsure regarding her own question.

Would he answer that? What if it was too much to ask? Will he think of me as a desperate and clingy girl?

"Let me tell you a secret " Rishi quickly responded making her surprised.
"I always wanted my wife to be a human"  He said in his most serious voice as if giving a presentation on climate change.

Saanvi glared at him but poor her, In the dim lights Rishi could not see her warning.

She sighed and closed her eyes to call it a day when suddenly he spoke up again, "Compatibility! I wanted Compatibility in my relationship with my wife.
I was never the kind of boy girls liked to be with. Remember the boy in the class who would always sit on the last bench and hardly respond to anything? Well, that's me. Girls want boys who are active, charming, and good looking maybe? But I am far from that. I always knew I was going to have an arranged marriage so I really didn't have any preference you ask, I just wanted someone to understand and support me just like my family does. "

Saanvi had a small smile on her face listening to his words, 'what were your dreams of a husband? ' Rishi wanted to ask but he didn't.

Maybe she is not comfortable talking about her feelings. I don't have to creep her out, let her be comfortable here first. What if my question triggers her past memory about which she doesn't want to talk? Maybe I should just give her some space.

"You know when you love someone's charismatic side or just his looks or just his pretense behavior you just love that till a saturation point. They die down after some time but when you love someone's presence in your life, their words, their existence the charm of that love never fades away. It's just keeping growing. I learned it the hard way but now I know that I want a companion and not a showpiece to show around to get validation and appreciation from the people who don't even matter in my life".

She answered his unasked question and there was complete silence in the room. It was hard for both of them to let the conversation going. They wanted to talk but had not even a clue about each other's life.

"Rishi what if your parents get to know that Suchi is not your blood" Saanvi asked breaking the ice.

"So? "

"So what? Won't be they angry that we hid such a big truth from them and what if they don't want Suchi then" Saanvi was surprised if Rishi's cool demeanor.

"I bet they will still behave the same"

"Why so sure? "

"I know that. You just don't worry about it"  He assured her with a small smile. Saanvi couldn't see his face in the dim lights but she could feel his smile through his words. She hummed unsure in response.