Part 16:- A little Closer

Saanvi was cooing Suchi to sleep

Saanvi was cooing Suchi to sleep. They reached khajjar and Suchi was very excited all the way, she sat on Rishi's lap and kept giggling when she saw small houses from above. She was thrilled as she first time sat in a plane. Saanvi was content looking at her. It was so thoughtful of Rishi to plan a  vacation from his busy schedule for Suchi.  She even felt guilty about not thinking like him for Suchi. She was so drowned in her own miseries that she forgot about the enjoyment of the little soul. She had not taken Suchi anywhere since she was born and now she was grateful to Rishi for doing it for Suchi.

With all the playing and squealing, Suchi was grumpy now. She wanted to sleep but their continuous travel didn't let her. When they reached their hotel room, the first thing Saanvi did was to pat her to sleep.

"You too take a rest " Rishi said keeping the suitcase on the side.

Saanvi nodded at him and after freshening, she laid beside Suchi.
Rishi too joined them once he was done informing Bela, Mahir, and Saanvi's Dad that they reached safely.

He kissed his innocent daughter's forehead who was sleeping without any care of the world, snuggling onto her Mumma. Rishi then looked at Saanvi who was too sleeping peacefully. He kissed her forehead, letting his lips rest on her forehead for a while. His mind when to the night before when she held his wrist.

He turned to her surprised, her moist eyes, gazed at him with hope in them. She never seemed this vulnerable to him. "Saanvi" Her name left as a whisper from his mouth, her hold on his wrist tightened, "I don't know about trust but I feel safe with you. "

"You and your whole family make me feel good "
She was taking long breathes as if her mind were displaying the most dreadful pictures of her life.

"Calm down Saanvi" Rishi quickly held her hand in his and rubbed her back, "let's go inside ". He asked but she shook her head denying his words.
Getting the signal, Rishi silently sat beside her holding her hand, she leaned onto his side, keeping her head on his biceps, gazing at the stars.
Rishi wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she leaned into his warmth.

He kept caressing her until she slept and that's when he lifted her up in his arms and laid her down on the bed beside Suchi. Her anxious wordings made him helpless. He wanted to help but didn't know how to? 

They don't talk much but they are used to each other's presence. When Saanvi is happy it automatically brings a smile to his face and when she is gloomy, without even realizing Rishi's mood turns sour. Every time he sees her sleeping peacefully or looking at Suchi with content, it fills up his heart with happiness. He always wants to see her like that happy and content.

He too slept recalling the last night.

*
Rishi made Suchi wear her talking sandals. She again refused to wear her sandals instead preferred her Mumma's high heels but Rishi made her wear the tiny sandals in the deal of five chocolates. Saanvi glared at him for spoiling her but he gave her a sheepish smile. Suchi jumped in Saanvi's arms kissing her nose, "please Mumma" She made a pout which instantly melted Saanvi but she still tried to be firm on her decision, " Suchi you... "  But Rishi cut her off, "please Saanvi" He too pouted matching Suchi's face. Saanvi shook her head at them.