Chapter 19

Xander's POV:

My entire world slowed while I processed her words.

At the needful urgency behind it, and the wide-eyed display.

I just had to take a quick breather. Clear my head and make sure I approach this the right way.

That deep-rooted desire for her had already been heightened from tasting her blood in my own territory, but now... hearing her voice like that and seeing the matching, almost desperate plea on her face...

It stirred something in me. The necessity to give her exactly what she wanted.

And that dull pride that only ever existed in times like this.

The dual thumping of both of our heartbeats coursed through me now that I'd taken her blood.

One was beating just a bit faster than the other, yet I couldn't tell who's it was.

Doesn't matter, the other was catching up anyways.

My initial shock from her uncharacteristic, yet somehow not, words got replaced by the new goal I had in mind.

I didn't want to risk touching her before because I didn't know what that might urge the feral part of me to do.

I knew that even that part of me wouldn't do something that made her uncomfortable, but losing that control wasn't something that I ever wanted to do with her.

But if the request was coming from her, then the need to please her came before anything else I could possibly think of doing.

Call it a morale boost from the taste of her blood. Even if she was already my main focus without it.

I tried not to let my mind wander to how she's cemented my positioning between her legs, instead rubbing my tongue over the roof of my mouth to rid it of any remaining blood.

I don't think she'd mind too much tasting her own blood, but just to be safe.

I let my eyes wander, slowly this time, to what she'd gifted me with.

The intensity of her breathing could be seen even in her stomach. The dark grey fabric of the briefs she chose to wear when throwing these types of outfits together accentuated the difference between her waist and hips.

Then further down to those legs currently locked around mine.

Holy shit she was gorgeous.

Not that this was new information, just... further proof.

My claws were surprisingly obedient in retracting, though the feeling of her nails lightly skimming the underside of my wrists might have added to it.

Taking her blood had done... something to her as I'd previously guessed.

It couldn't possibly be the same thing a vampire would feel given that she wasn't one.

The fact that I didn't know the specifics of this, what it was, or where it was coming from did leave me wary, but it wasn't going to stop me.

After a request like that, there was very little that was going to stop me other than Doe herself.

Ab strength don't fail me now.

I lifted my hands from the bed just before she could take a hold of them and guide me herself.

A part of me wanted to figure it out myself.

Have us both enjoy this little adventure.

'Touch me' she says.

Yeah. I think I can do that.