Chapter 3: Connecting

"I have a message for Naofumi, The Shield Hero from Ren the Sword Hero!" A traveling man raced towards the group as they were making their way towards another village, having gotten word of a plant problem that had arisen there. Naofumi, Garfield, and a very motion sick Raphtalia pulled the wagon that Filo was pulling to the side of the road.

"From Ren?" Naofumi pondered for a moment. It's been a while since he spoke to Ren, not since they left the capital a few days ago after getting Filo's egg.

"Yes sir, he sent it out just a few hours ago. from a village to the south of here." The messenger implied. Which means he wasn't currently at the village he was heading to.

Naofumi took the note from the man, seeing it was written in Japanese, a sight for sore eyes wanting to read something else besides this world's language.

Naofumi. I heard there is a terrifying Dragon a few days from my current position. I also heard about what happened between yourself and Motoyasu, that fool. If you can, we can meet up and take it down together. If not, Than we will cross paths another time. I want to talk to you before the next wave. -Ren

------------------------------------------------------

The message was short and to the point. Naofumi read it aloud to his party because they felt they should at least hear it.

"OH SWEET WE GET TO FIGHT A DRAGON!" Both Garfield and Filo shouted together.

"I still want to eat a dragon to see how it tastes!"

"And I want to show you guys how badass I really am! You ain't seen nothin' yet!"

"We're not going." Naofumi dashed both their dreams in an instant.

"AWWW! HOW COME!?" Again, both the younger members complained.

"It's out of our way completely. and I don't know if I even really trust Ren." Naofumi had his doubts, but seeing this message gave him a look into his mindset. The least he could do is reply back.

"You, Messenger, how much will it cost me to send back a message."

"Two silver pieces."

Naofumi nodded, taking out some paper, ink, and a quill to write a quick reply.

Ren. I'll have to decline your offer. But in a few weeks, I will be heading that direction. Meet me back there and we will talk. -Naofumi

 -Naofumi