Chapter 19: Infiltration

The room was dark at first, with his senses being dampant at first before he was starting to feel his consciousness coming back to him. 

Once his eyes were beginning to see a small glimmer of light, he tried to get up only to see that he was chained up from both his hands and his legs.

'Hm? What's going on?'

He thought this at first before coughing a bit of blood, which reminded him of what had happened after Naofumi and his group had gone off to keep Melty safe.

'Right. I was fighting with Motoyasu and Itsuki.'

At this moment everything feels foggy as to how he was captured. 

All he knew was that he continued to face off against both Itsuki and Motoyasu on his own while also trying to convince them that someone was trying to kill Melty.

("Listen to me, Naofumi is not the enemy!")

("You've been brainwashed, Ren! Snap out of it!")

("I'm not!")

("Then why side with him? After everything he's done?")

("Because he's been framed!")

("Are you insane?! With what evidence are you—")

("It's no point Itsuki, Naofumi got to him.")

He recalled this dialogue but as far as he was concerned, he wasn't worried when facing the two since he knew at the time that the blessed series would help overpower them...though he almost feels like a third party had interfered with the fight. 

He looked around and could see that he was in a small room with the door resembling those of a jail cell.

'I'm...in prisoned? Makes sense. If they are after Naofumi and his party, I would be considered a traitor for helping him and the others escape with Princess Melty.'

Figuring this out, he attempts to pull his chains yet he seems to be unsuccessful with this. As he attempted once again, a voice spoke out from the darkness to him:

"You've finally awakened, Sword Hero."

"Hm?"

Ren looked up and noticed a figure that he couldn't recognize at this moment since he's still recovering from being knocked out for an unknown period of time. The voice continued to speak:

"I was wondering when you would awaken. Any longer and I would've thought you were dead."

"...who are you?"

"..." The person didn't say anything though he did open the door in order to reveal himself to the Sword Hero. 

Ren was surprised for a moment though after thinking about it, he knew that honestly it makes sense why he looked him up.

"Priest."

"You don't seem too surprised." The priest said with a calm demeanor.

"I should've expected this at first, however it all starts to make sense. You are, after all, trying to harm Naofumi."

"Ah yes, the Devil of the Shield. You have become friends with such a monster."

"Naofumi isn't a monster—"

"I understand. The Shield Demon would sway you towards his side."

"He didn't sway me, he was just honest."

"Are you certain about that?" The priest questioned with a blank tone, slightly starting to drop the kindness. 

He turned towards the door to see a few guards appearing into the room, making it clear to Ren that they aren't happy with his views towards Naofumin.