Chapter 12: On the run

A few days have past as the parties of the Sword and Shield were on the road, avoiding as many villages as possible until they needed to get supplies.

Because of the amount of people that are traveling together, that plan was out the window given their  limited capacity without their carriage.

'What a mess this turned into...'

Naofumi would've preferred that he was traveling with just his team rather than Ren and his group, though he was okay with them for now.

Him and Ren were discussing more possible techniques they could implement.

With the two having an understanding of each other's abilities, they have found some combos that involve disarming the opponent through Naofumi's shield and Ren's sword delivering the finishing blow.

Others are for escaping should they need to with Ren being the one to stun the opponent while Naofumi pushes the opponent away long enough for the two heroes to escape or formulate some plan.

This was probably the best use of his time, knowing that in the future there will be times he and the Sword hero will need to team up.

While entering the first village in a long while, Naofumi and Ren disguised themselves to avoid getting spotted while their respective party members were protecting the carriage since it has all of their current supplies.

While in the village, the two noticed that one of the knights from the King were showing those within the two footages of injured knights.

More likely the ones that Garfiel had beaten to near death.

"Didn't think they'd be quick."

"They are working overtime, that is for sure." Naofumi commented before turning around towards a shop nearby.

"Come on, I don't want to be here any longer than what we have to."

"Agreed."

The two approach the food vender as they quickly get enough for every party member that will last them at least two days.

"You sure we shouldn't get more? I have the money to get us more—"

"It would be bad if it got the attention of the wild life. There's also the fact that it can go bad."

"...Right."

As Naofumi and Ren start to make their way out of the village, they approach Raphtalia and the others to inform them of what's going on.

"...Shit."

Garfiel was pissed at himself since he was the reason that they are on the run. Raphtalia and Filo noticed this immediately, prompting the two to pat him on his back. Naofumi looked at the boy's direction with a blank expression for a second before closing his eyes while saying:

"We should get moving. They will start searching this area soon."

"Understood."

Tersia, Welt, Bakta, and Farrie bowed at the Shield Hero while Raphtalia and Filo nodded at what their master had to say. Garfiel stood silent along with Melty, the demi human boy feeling guilt from his actions while the second princess paid close attention to the Shield Hero. She didn't like being with him ever since he found out about her identity since he's been giving her the cold shoulder. As everyone's packing up, Melty takes this opportunity to follow the Shield hero and the Sword hero while the two step away for a moment to chat.

"I feel as if something's off about this situation." Ren said.

"Explain."

"The villages we had passed, from what Raphtalia and Garfiel had told us, they are spreading this footage fast. It's almost like this was planned."

Two worlds, one shieldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें