Chapter 13: Sword and Shield vs Bow and Spear

"There's nowhere to run. You're all surrounded." The Bow Hero spoke with a calm composure, surprising Garfiel and Naofumi.

"Yes. Now hand over the princess and that monster."

"I ain't no monster!"

As Garfiel shouted this, a sudden arrow was shot right near his face. He was stunned for a second before he gave an aggravated expression.

"Ya really wanna throw down!"

"That was a warning. Any other movements and you will be put down, mut."

Garfiel gave a death stare to Itsuki, wanting to punch the ever living shit out of him. As he stood still, Motoyasu pointed his spear directly towards Ren.

"You damn traitor! How could you side with this scoundrel!"

"Don't disrespect Naofumi-sama!" Raphtalia shouted as she prepared to pull out her sword only for Ren to stop her. As he did this, he turned towards the Spear hero to respond to what he said with:

"Look, I don't know what you were told but—"

"Told? We saw those knights!" Motoyasu shouted, interrupting the Sword Hero. "They are lucky to even be alive! That damn monster needs to pay for his crimes!"

"I agree. What was done to those knights, that boy needs to atone for such acts."

Motoyasu and Itsuki spoke with anger and a sense of justice, both wanting to bring Garfiel Tinsel to justice for his actions. Ren and Naofumi turned towards each other for a second before turning back to the two heroes.

"Doesn't matter when they were trying to kill the second princess." Ren said, knowing that they'll listen to him. Motoyasu and Itsuki were silent for a moment, processing what was told to them.

"Don't lie to us. Why would those knights try to kill Melty-sama?" Itsuki questioned.

"It's the truth." Melty said, wanting to help Ren and the others out. This drew the attention of all the knights in the area as well as Motoyasu and Itsuki.

"Wait, seriously?" The Spear Hero questioned.

"Yes. Garfiel Tinsel protected me from them."

"Even if it's true Melty-sama, what he did was too far."

Garfiel looks down since he does agree with what Itsuki had just said, something he dislikes.

Melty thought back to Garfiel's beatdown on the knights, recalling that it was indeed brutal.

She couldn't rebuttal Itsuki's comment which was something Itsuki and Motoyasu noticed.

Before they could say anything to have more about having Garfiel punished, Naofumi stepped into the conversation.

"Those knights deserved it."

"What?" Ren and Melty were taken aback by this.

"Of course you would say that."

"If anybody thinks harming a child is okay, then they deserve death. What Garfiel did to those knights was mercy. If it were up to me, I would make them beg for death."

"That is nothing more than just cruel." Itsuki said as he pointed his bow and arrow right at his face. "That's why you aren't to be trusted, because you are nothing more than a sadistic man."

"At least I didn't cause a whole village to lose their homes. Or messed up a whole country by playing Robin Hood."

"Hey! I overthrew a dictator, like it or not!"