Chapter 11: Bloodbath

Naofumi sensed that something was not right as it seemed too calming, especially with knights just standing on the back doing nothing.

'What the hell could they be—?'

His train of thought was stopped the exact moment he had turned to see what the knights were up to only for blood to hit his face.

"What?"

As he wiped away the blood in panic in order to see what had happened, he managed to see that a knight had managed to land a hit on Garfiel as he protected Melty.

'Garfiel.'

Prior to seeing this, Garfiel had turned towards the knights as he could tell someone was approaching them at a rapid pace.

As he looked at the knight running towards them, he saw that the knight was pulling out a sword.

'Th'fuck!'

He immediately realized that this was a set up, having sensed something wrong.

He quickly attempted to block the attack with his bare arm but due to him not having had proper rest and his divine protection barely working, he took immense damage which had caused blood to spill.

Despite this injury, the demi human boy remained calm as ever, protecting the second princess from this knight's attempts of harming her.

"Tell me th's, knight. Were ya really about t'kill a little girl?"

"...the Shield Hero party is using the princess as a hosta—!"

"Answer. Th'.fuckin'. Question. " Garfiel remained to keep a calm tone though with a hint of anger slipping out as he began to grab the blade of the knight's sword. "Were ya about t'kill a little girl?"

"Let the princess go!"

He attempted to pull back his sword to ready himself for a fight but Garfiel's grip was tightening with each second that past.

"Aren't ya gonna answer th'question, knight? Are ya afraid th't th'answer will go against what a knight should be? Or are ya fuckin' stupid?"

"Sh-Shut up!"

The knight let go of his sword as he pulled out a knife, attempting to harm the demi human boy.

Garfiel looked at him with a serious expression as he easily avoided each attempt at a stab.

As he was dodging these attacks, he asked the question one last time.

"Were ya gonna kill a little girl? Is th't what a knight does?"

"Die demi human scum!"

As the knight attempted to stab Garfiel's face, he just grabbed the knight's arm with ease all the while his calm composure was slowly revealing the true anger he had deep down within him.

"Since arrivin' t'th's world, I learned how scummy majority 'f th'knights have become. There's some knights th't follow th'Cap'n's lead, which's why I respect th'hell outta him...but yer all scum. Ya don't deserve being called knights, it's an insult t'th'cap'n. It's an insult t'those I have read 'bout like th'Sword Saint. And it's an insult t'th'meaning of being a knight!"

Finally revealing his anger towards these knights, he easily broke the knights arm with a simple hit before grabbing his head.

"Let me show ya what happens t'those th't decide t'harm little girls."

"Garfiel! Stand down!" Both Naofumi and Ren shouted, knowing full well that he's snapped.

"Garf!" Raphtalia, Filo, Melty, and Tersia shouted in unison, worried that he's going to make a mistake but also not wanting him to let anger guide his actions.