Chapter 17: Working together

"How did—?"

Before Naofumi could finish his own question in regards to Motoyasu, he quickly created a green projectile shield to block away one of the Spear Hero's attacks.

While Motoyasu was attacking Naofumi, the monster Idol Rabier summoned started to attack all of them.

Garfiel quickly used all of his strength to transform both of his arms into their beast forms in order to push back the monster's attack.

Although he was barely able to push back the attack, he was sent flying off towards the mansion and crashed into a wall.

"Garf!"

"Tsk. Tough bastard!"

As Garfiel said this, he slowly got himself out of the rubble.

While he did this, Motoyasu continued to attack Naofumi, somehow unable to see that the real problem is the monster that is roaring at them.

"Naofumi! This time you won't escape!"

"Motoyasu, dumbass, do you realize that there's something more important than our fight?!"

As he shouted this to the stubborn Spear Hero, he blocked a couple of his attacks before using Chimera Viper variation shield's counter to try and force Motoyasu back.

As he succeeded on this, the monster looked at the two cardinal heroes and made another roar before swinging its tail right at the two.

"Naofumi-sama! Look out!"

He heard Raphtalia's shout, prompting him to turn his attention to the monster, managing to just barely block away the attack though he was pushed back.

Motoyasu noticed this and quickly jumped back, avoiding the attack.

As the two cardinal heroes did this, the monster roared before turning its attention towards the buildings nearby.

As a couple of the buildings were being easily destroyed, Garfiel turned towards Reichnott and Melty.

"Oi! Get th'others outta here! We got th's!"

As he shouted this, he charged directly towards the monster as he prepared himself for an intense battle.

He jumped up and attempted to land a hit on the monster's face only for said monster to move its tail right towards him, managing to land a hit on the demi human boy.

This hit sent Garfiel flying straight into a building, collapsing it by him just simply crashing in.

"Garf!"

"That moron!"

As Naofumi was prepared to grab the monster's attention, he was once again attacked by Motoyasu.

"Would you fuck off?!"

"I will best you here and now!"

Motoyasu was stubborn at this point, having been fed up that he's lost to Naofumi three times at this point.

"I won't lose again, you prick!"

"Tsk."

The Shield Hero was becoming impatient by this fight since they had a literal monster attacking everyone.

Seeing that there's no other option, he prepared himself to go all out on Motoyasu, viewing him as a problem.

Just as the two were about to clash, a sudden building right near them started to collapse right towards them.

The two noticed this and quickly moved out of the way with Naofumi reaching near Filo and Raphtalia's positions all the while Motoyasu ended up where the monster was at.