Chapter 8: The Wave: Part Two

Everyone was left shocked as they saw Naofumi not only enraged but also being surrounded in fire with a new threatening looking shield. 

Ren noticed that Naofumi was going to target Mai, prompting him and Motoyasu to stand in between Naofumi and Mai. 

Motoyasu had noticed that Mai's shot hurt Raphtalia, causing Naofumi to be in a state of rage. Although that is what was seen, he believed that she wasn't trying to hit anybody but Glass.

"Naofumi! Stand down!" The Spear Hero spoke in a serious tone. 

Ren looked at Motoyasu with a blank facial expression, viewing what he said as foolish, knowing full well that it won't work on a pissed off Shield Hero. Ren turned towards Mai to question her,

"What the hell were you thinking?"

"What?! It's not my fault that demi human scum got hit by my attack. She should've moved out of the way!" Mai shouted with a bit of frustration, defending herself.

"...I don't believe you." Ren spoke in confidence. "You did that on purpose."

"And what proof do you have, Sword Hero?" She spoke in an angry tone. Ren would've responded back if it wasn't for Motoyasu telling him:

"Um Ren, we should probably focus on Naofumi."

"..." Ren turned towards the angered Shield Hero though while he did this, he noticed that Glass was no longer where she was last standing.

"Wait...where did Glass go?"

As Ren said this, everyone started to look around until Itsuki managed to spot her above the ship. He pointed towards her location while saying:

"She's up there."

Everyone but Garfiel looked up and noticed that she was just observing them, looking curious on what would happen next. 

Before anyone could react to her observing them, one of Ren's party members alerted the Sword Hero and the Spear Hero of Naofumi's attack. 

The two quickly went on the defense as the enormous amount of heat coming from Naoufmi's shield hit the two of them.

"Tck!"

"hk!"

Both Ren and Motoyasu were barely able to block the attack with Motoyasu being the only one sent flying while Ren was barely holding his own.

'What is this...power...?'

Ren felt an immense heat which caused him to feel nauseous, as if he was being affected by some sort of curse.

'This power isn't normal...'

With Ren having noticed this, he jumped away while warning the others to be careful.

"Careful everyone, Naofumi's power is abnormal!"

As he gave the warning, he was suddenly kicked in the face which caused him to be sent flying off the floating boat.

"What was that?!"

As one of the party members of Motoyasu's group said this, everyone saw Filo in her filolial form having a purple glow on her stomach while also having red eyes.

"Wh-What's wrong with Filo?" Motoyasu said while he was being assisted by Mai in getting back up. As Garfiel was healing Raphtalia's injury, he had noticed what was being asked by the Spear Hero.

'Th's situation s'not good. Damn. Sword guy fell. Bow and Spear idiots aren't gonna do shit. And Talia injured...Damn it! What would Cap'n do here?'