Chapter 9: The Wave: Part Three

Everyone watched in horror, with the majority of the members of Motoyasu and Itsuki being afraid of the rage Naofumi was showing right now.

Ren, Ren's party, Raphtalia, and Filo were all worried for Garfiel, watching that he's on the ground while in pain.

Mai was afraid for her life, seeing that not even the foolish demi human boy could stop the Shield Hero.

Now that death is staring her dead in the eye, she started to run away.

Motoyasu noticed this, left a bit dumbfounded.

"Motoyasu! Wait!"

Ren shouted, wanting the Spear hero to leave Mai alone since having her around will only keep pissing Naofumi off.

As he tries to stop this, one of his party members warns him about Naofumi moving towards him.

"Watch out, Ren-sama!"

The Sword Hero took note of what was being warned, prompting him to swiftly turn around and go on the defensive.

He blocked Naofumi's shield, feeling overwhelmed by just how much heat the shield was resonating.

'This heat...how did Garfiel handle this for so long...?'

He continued to hold his ground until the heat from Naofumi's shield forced him to jump away from the Shield Hero.

Having managed to have some distance, Naofumi looked at him for a moment before starting to make his way towards Mai's direction.

Seeing this, Ren concluded that the Shield Hero only attacked him due to perceiving him as an obstacle to his main goal, Mai.

Just before he had the chance to act, Itsuki took the initiative and just started to fire arrows at Naofumi.

"What are you doing?!" Ren shouted.

"Doing something! He's trying to kill Mai! He's become the exact monster that the church had fired. He's become the devil of the shield!"

As Itsuki responded with this, he continued to give it his all in trying to stop Naofumi.

As he fired arrow after arrow, the pissed off Shield Hero remained unfazed as he just started to walk towards the Bow Hero's position.

Itsuki's party members were prepared to join in trying to kill the Shield Hero, siding with Itsuki's thinking only for Ren's party members to block their path.

"You won't get any further." Tersia spoke as she, Welt, Bakta, and Farrie all got themselves ready for a fight.

The second in command of Itsuki's party, Mald, pulled out his sword as he threatened the Sword Hero's party:

"Move or you shall die!"

"We won't move."

As Farrie was the one to say this, he gets his axe into battle position before charging at Mald, initiating the fight between the Sword and Bow heroes' respective parties.

Ren noticed this and although he hates that this is the only way to keep Itsuki's group from getting themselves killed, he looked at Itsuki and attempted to talk him out of fighting Naofumi.

"Don't do this, Itsuki. You know well that Mai did something to piss off Naofumi."

"That doesn't mean she has to die. Besides, look at him. He's attacking everyone, including his allies. Someone has to stop him before he gets anybody else hurt or worse."

"So why kill him then? Isn't there a better option like knocking him out?"

"You know damn well that we can't allow that." Itsuki responded swiftly as he continued to use every ability he knew in his arsenal.