Chapter 15: Garfiel Tinsel

While Garfiel had confronted the nobleman in order to help Reichnott, Naofumi had awakened Raphtalia to alert her that there were knights in the mansion.

The two search around for Filo and Melty though end up encountering the maid that attempted to stop Garfiel.

"Sir Hero!"

"Hm?"

He turned towards the maid with his shield ready for battle only to see the maid looking in distress.

"What's going on?" Raphtalia asked. The maid responded quickly:

"Sir Garfiel attempted to help Lord Van Reichnott however the nobleman from the next town wasn't having it and is now arresting the two."

"That idiot!"

Naofumi prepared to help Garfiel only for the maid to get in his way.

"You can't, Sir Hero. It's bad enough that Sir Garfiel exposed himself. Having you be found as well would make it seem like Lord Van Reichnott guilty."

"..."

As much as he didn't care for the nobleman of this mansion, he knew that the maid had a point.

Garfiel's mess up already makes Reichnott look guilty.

Having him appear would only make the nobleman look like a traitor.

"Where's the second princess?"

"She was in the attic with her friend right before those knights appeared."

"Understood."

Naofumi and Raphtalia nodded at the maid with the raccoon girl asking if she could lead them to Filo and Melty.

The maid nodded before quickly getting the two into the attic.

As they were making their way there, the three could hear knights making their way to the second floor.

Just as they were arriving into the stairs leading to the attic, they saw that Melty was getting onto the floor after climbing down.

"Princess, where's Filo?"

"Naofumi? What are you still doing out here? Go hide!"

"Is Filo up there?" Raphtalia asked right as Naofumi was about to ask that as well.

"Yes. You should head up there and hide with her."

"And what about you?"

"I'll stall them and get them to leave...wait, where's Garfiel?"

"The moron is doing exactly what you are trying to do."

"What?! I need to help him—"

"My lady." The Maid interjects into the conversation, "If you appear, it'll only cause Idol Rabier to assume that Sir Hero is here as well. Sir Garfiel is already captured, we can't afford you to also be captured by that man."

"But—"

"I heard something over here."

A knight shouted from a distance, forcing Naofumi to say:

"Look Melty, we don't have time. You need to hide with us. Now."

"..."

The second princess thought quickly on her options before nodding at what Naofumi had said, understanding that if she gets spotted or if she makes her presence known, they will assume that Naofumi is in hiding.

She can only hope that this doesn't cause trouble for Reichnott if they can't find either her or the Shield Hero.

As the three of them manage to get into the attic, the maid quickly looks at the door and makes sure that the path into the attic is hidden from the knights before looking busy.