Chapter 10: Aftermath

("But this is all a mistake!")

("I had an inkling the first time I saw you. Of course you would sully yourself, you little demon!")

("Demon?! What did I do?")

("Of course things turned out this way. I felt it immediately—that you were a little different from the rest of us.")

("Me too. Even at that, though, I never thought you'd stoop so low. You must think you're somehow entitled to whatever you want!")

("This isn't all about you! Show some respect!")

Naofumi woke up with an angered expression, hating to relive that exact moment all over again.

As he awoke from his slumber, he found himself in an unfamiliar room, prompting him to be on guard as he thought of the worst case scenario

"Raphtalia! Filo! Garfiel!" He shouted as he prepared to jump off the bed only to hear someone respond:

"Calm down, Shield guy, yer not in any danger."

Naofumi turned towards the demi human boy, finally having noticed him, sitting next to the bed all relaxed.

"Where are we?"

"Yer in th'castle thanks t'Melty's efforts."

Naofumi didn't like this since he hates being here...but considering that he was out for who knows how long, he should be grateful.

He moved onto the next question:

"Where's Raphtalia and Filo? Where am I?"

"Told 'em t'go and eat. It's been a day since they haven't eaten. Ain't healthy t'do th't."

"Then why aren't you with them?" The Shield Hero questioned. Garfiel noticed how serious his voice was though that didn't faze the Shield of Sanctuary.

"Sword guy came and got me somethin'. Not hungry right now."

As Garfiel said this, he pulled out what seemed to be a bag full of food.

"Come on, eat up. We got some talkin' t'do."

'Talking? About what?'

Naofumi was curious what the demi human boy wanted to talk about while also grabbing the bag of food, having finally felt himself being hungry.

Once he had the bag, he opened it to see that it's bacon.

"Look, I don't wanna distract ya from eatin' but as I said, we got's to talk. Do you remember what happened at th'end of th'wave?"

"..." Naofumi remained silent as he began to eat, taking this moment to think back on what had happened.

Everything was vague since the last big thing he remembered was taking on Glass.