Chapter 16

Arsen

        I was heading back to my own parent meeting when Pierce came rounding the corner like a mad man almost knocking me over.

    “Hey man, slow down.” He looked up at me.

    “Celine! Where is she?!” I pointed up to the third floor.

    “She’s with her dad talking.” His eyes widened and he pushed me out of the way.

    “Pierce!” He kept running and I ran after him wondering what his issue was. I saw Celine’s dad walking back by and he gave me a small nod before leaving. Something about the look in his eyes told me something wasn’t right. I pushed myself faster and passed Pierce getting to the third floor before him.

I ran down to the room I left them in and slid the door open, Celine was on the ground on the other side of the room. Pierce slid in next to me staring at what I was seeing.

Pierce ran past me and over to Celine, he lifter her head into his lap and shook her gently.

“Celine!” He said. I moved closer, but there was so much blood. He put his ear to her mouth.

“Arsen, go get help.” I stared at her prone body and Pierce grabbed my leg.

“Arsen! Go get help!” I turned and ran back downstairs, grabbing the first teacher that I saw and dragged them with me.

        *            *            *

    They loaded Celine into an ambulance and Cage, Pierce, Eight, Crooks and I stood there watching as they drove off. Cheri came and grabbed my arm, staring at the ambulance.

    “It’s a shame isn’t it?” I shook her arm off and glared at her. All this was my fault. If I had paid more attention, Celine would still be here talking and laughing with the guys. Pierce stalked over to me.

    “See what you did?! Why did you leave her alone with him?” I rubbed a hand through my hair.

    “I don’t know.” He kept glaring at me and pushing at me until Cage pulled him away.

    “Dude it wasn’t Arsen’s fault. He didn’t know that this would happen.” Pierce huffed something under his breath and stalked away. I sighed and headed back to my dorm.

    The guys seemed to have followed me because they came in and saw the mess.

    “What the hell happened here?” Eight said. I looked around at the mess Celine had made that morning and cringed. She knew what might’ve happened and that’s why she was acting like that this morning.

    “Why didn’t she say anything?” Crooks said. I looked at him and shook my head.

    “I don’t know, but we gotta go see her.” Eight said. They all agreed and grabbed their jackets.

    “You coming Arsen?” I shook my head still feeling guilty about the whole thing. Cage sighed and decided he was going to stay with me. The rest of the guys gave me uncertain looks before turning and leaving.

    “You know she’s going to want you there right?” he looked at me and said. I nodded, but didn’t say anything.

    “Arsen, she cares about you. I’m sure she feels that you are a part of her family, she needs all of us there.” I stood and walked in my room closing the door, ignoring everything Cage was saying. It seemed like all I ever did was hurt Celine and this time I had to make sure i didn’t hurt her again.