Chapter 18

Arsen

"Celine gets out of the hospital today! We're having a surprise party, Are you coming?" I looked up at Crooks and shook my head no, flipping over.

"Come on Arsen, stop being an ass. She wants to see you. She kept asking about you." I just grunted and ignored him. He sighed and closed the door. I laid there and looked at the ceiling. I pictured Celine smiling and laughing and closed my eyes. I hadn't gotten sleep since she was put into the hospital. I walked out into the living room and the guys were all moving around setting things up, like balloons and food.

"Oh he finally decided to come out of his room." I looked over at Pierce and he was glaring at me.

"Don't worry, I'm not sticking around." He went back to doing whatever it was he was doing and I left.

Pierce still hadn't gotten over the whole thing and I didn't blame him. I was still upset with myself. I thought back to when we got to the classroom and Celine was staring at me, begging me to stay behind. I rubbed a hand over my face trying not to remember how she looked being loaded up on the stretcher. I noticed Johnny walking by and he waved at me.

"Are you going to Celine's welcome home party?" I shook my head no and, like everyone else, he frowned. "She kept asking for you at the hospital." He said. I nodded, telling him that I knew that. I felt horrible already and they really weren't helping. Before he could say anything else, I went up to the roof and sat up there until I thought the party was over. Looking down I could see the parking lot. Shelly and Celine were walking up talking and laughing. Celine was wearing a dress, a major change from long sleeves. She wore this sweater thingy that didn't cover her arms at all and she was smiling. Shelly was smiling and laughing at Celine being silly and running around. They entered the building and I sat up on the roof looking at the stars.