Chapter 23

I didn't remember falling asleep, it just sort of happened. I remembered swimming all those laps in the pool because I realized I had told Arsen I loved him. I still wasn't completely sure if I meant it or not, but the look on his face said the same thing. I could tell he wasn't sure if he wanted it to be true or not. Looking at the clock near the t.v., I realized that I had slept the whole day way. Literally. It was 11:00 that night. I flipped over and looked at Arsen, who was watching t.v.
"Why didn't you wake me up?!" I yelled, pushing him off the bed again. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.
    "Because you were tired and I was hoping I could go one night without you pushing me out of the bed."
    "But we missed the fair." He climbed back in the bed.
    "We'll go tomorrow night. It's prettier on the last day anyway." He said, pulling me next to him and laying my head on his chest.
    "Now sleep little one, Arsen needs to rest."
    "Why are you talking in third per-" He put his finger up to my mouth.
    "Sleep." I was about to protest, but he put his finger back on my mouth.
     "Shhh, sleep." he whispered. I sighed and closed my eyes, not really getting any sleep.

            *            *        *

    I woke the next morning and went down to get breakfast. Arsen was  still asleep so, I was going to get breakfast and bring it back up to him. Down stairs, I made us waffles, since I couldn't make pancakes and grabbed some bacon, fruit,  and orange juice. I reached for some strawberries when a guy reached out and grabbed the last ones.
    "What happened to 'ladies first'?" He looked down at my tray.
    "Seems, like you have more than you can handle to me." My eye widened.
    "Are you calling me fat?" He smirked, but shook his head no.
    "Just saying it looks like you have enough." I scoffed at him and narrowed my eyes.
    "Well, it isn't all for me, for your info." I grabbed the strawberries from his tray.
    "Aww, thanks you're so sweet." I said, sarcasm lacing my tone.
    "No problem," he mumbled as I turned away and headed back to the room.
    When I got back to the room, Arsen walked out, a towel wrapped around his waist. I eyed his abs dripping with water and  he smirked.
    "My eyes are up here, Celine." I rolled my eye and pointed to the food.
    "I didn't know what you liked so I got you some of everything." He nodded and reached for some clothes, going back into the bathroom.
    When he came back out, he was wearing shorts and a button down casual yet dressy black shirt that showed a little bit of his chest. A piece of my waffle fell off my fork and he smirked.
    "Do I look that good?" I simply ignored him and went on eating my breakfast and reading the newspaper. He sat across from me and grabbed some waffles.
    "I didn't know you could eat so much, Celine," he said. I rolled my eye and pushed my plate away, going to find the clothes I was going to wear tonight. I pulled out a navy blue spaghetti strap tank top and a white cardigan with sleeves that stopped at my elbows. Then I got out some skinny jeans and my combat boots with the tops folded down. Later, I would put my hair up in a ponytail and clip my bang back. I went into the bathroom to shower and get changed.
    Once I got out of the shower, Arsen and I sat there and watched movies until it was time to go.

        *                *                *

    The festival was all bright and colorful! Little children were running around, dragging their parents behind them. I smiled at Arsen and looked around for the first thing I wanted to do. I looked up at Arsen and he pointed to a vendor with these pandas. My eyes widened. How did he know I loved pandas? I dragged him over and picked up one of the guns (it was a game where you would have to shoot the turkeys). I pulled out some money to pay the bored looking guy behind the counter, but Arsen pushed my hand back and pulled out his money to pay for both of us.
    "Alright, shoot three turkeys you get something from the top shelf. You shoot the green turkey and you get to choose two." I clapped excitedly focusing on that purple panda. That's the one I would go for.
    "Bet you can't get all three," I said to Arsen. He scoffed and laughed.
    "I'll get all three and the green turkey," he said. It was my turn to scoff.
    "I bet you can't even get one," he added. I put a hand on my hip.
    "Oh it's on! Loser has to buy food for the rest of the night." He shrugged then grabbed a gun.
    "Ready?" The guy said that same bored tone. We both nodded and pressed the button. I aimed at the first turkey and missed, I aimed at the second one and missed again. Arsen had gotten the first two and had just gotten his third, he aimed at the green turkey and got it. My mouth dropped open.
    "Aww come on!" I said. I took aim one more time and shot the turkey. I jumped up in the air, yelling and doing my happy dance, which consisted of a lot of butt shaking.
    "Celine, I think you're scaring the kids." I looked at Arsen and then in the direction of his gaze and saw three little kids staring at me, in mid bite of their candy apples. My mouth dropped open.
    "Oh my gosh!" I said covering my mouth. Arsen was dying from laughter. I smacked his arm.
    "It's not funny!" Tears were coming from his eyes and I couldn't help but blush.
    "Are you going to choose a stuffed animal or not?" I looked back to the irritated dude and pointed to the purple eared panda. He got it down and I pointed to another blue eared panda. He got it down and handed it to me. I held both of them close to my chest and hugged them.
    "I shall name you grapefruit." I said to the purple panda. Arsen raised his eyebrow.
    "Aren't grapefruits orange?" I rolled my eyes.
    "Obviously not, if they're called grapefruits their purple, duh." I said he smiled and shook his head.
    "Some grapes are green." I shook my head did this look like a green panda to him.
    "What do I look like naming a panda green grape?" He laughed.
    "Obviously like someone naming a panda grapefruit." I shook my head and rubbed grapefruit's ears.
    "Don't listen to him grapefruit," I said. "Now, " I said looking at the blue eared panda. "You shall be named blueberry." Arsen looked like he was about to say something, but I shook my head.
    "Nope, no protest it's his name." He just shrugged and wrapped an arm around me as we walked around the rest of the fair.

                *            *            *
    We had played just about everything, each one Arsen won, getting me every color panda I could name. I had a purple, blue, green, red, yellow, pink, orange, and of course the original black and white. We sat at a picnic table and Arsen slid me my plate which he refused to let me pay for, even though i sort of lost the bet.
    "So what's this one's name?" He asked pointing to the orange one.
    "Orange." He nodded and pointed to the green one.
    "Kiwi." He pointed to the red one.
    "Strawberry." The yellow
    "Banana." The black one.
    "Ying Yang." He took a bite of his turkey and rubbed the black and white panda's head.
    "She gave you a name that actually makes sense, you should feel lucky." I kicked him under the table and he just laughed and continued eating.
    "What's your favorite color?" I asked him. He shrugged.
    "Black?" I shook my head, that would not do.
    "It's now red." I said.
    "How are you going to choose my favorite color?" I crossed my arms.
    "By saying it's that color." He just nodded and went back to eating.