Chapter 26

Arsen 

 I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. Ever since Celine ran out that night did I get any types of sleep. No. The closest thing I got was closing my eyes and then opening them again because I kept picturing Celine's crying face. I repeatedly beat myself up about it. It's like my mouth didn't work and when she told me to forget it all happened, I just I couldn't let it end like that, but she was gone. Someone knocked on the door and I ignored it not wanting to see anyone anymore. It was my mom. She walked in standing in the doorway. 

"There's this girl downstairs looking for you." She said in that fake loving tone. I rolled my eyes thinking about Cheri, was she stalking me? I walked downstairs past my mom and into the 'sitting room'. Celine was sitting there and it was like my heart dropped.

"Celine?" I said making sure she was real. She looked at me and stared, I had forgotten to put on a shirt. I looked down at her and Pierce's intertwined hand and put my mask on so she couldn't see how I was feeling about that. She stood walking over to me, her hand reached up as if to touch my face but she put it back down.

"Can we talk?" I nodded and lead her back up to my room. I pushed the door closed behind her.

"What's up?" I said sitting on the bed. She looked at me, walked over and slapped me. I was sort of expecting it, but it still hurt to know that she was that mad. She looked away from me and I noticed her shoulders were shaking. She moved back and sat across from me against the wall. She was wearing a white floral printed dress with those same black converse. I tried not to smile at how Celine like it was.

"Did you leave because of me?" She asked, not looking at me.

"What?" She looked at me this time.

"Did you leave because I said I loved you? Did you not want to hear it? Or was it because you got what you wanted and felt that you no longer needed to be there?" I stared at her shocked she could think such things. Any other girl I might've laughed in her face, but Celine was different.

"It's what I thought was best." She raised an eyebrow.

"For who?"

"You." She sucked in a breath.

"Well, you were wrong. I could've seen you avoiding me, but up and leaving-" She stopped no longer looking at me. Every minute that she sat there sounding closer and closer to tears, the more I wanted to go over there and wrap my arms around her and tell her I loved her. She stood.

"If you tell me here and now that you were only there to get something that you couldn't have and that you never cared in the first place, i'll go and let you continue pretending that I never existed." I scoffed. Celine? Never exist? She was the reason I couldn't sleep for the past few days.

"I can't do that." She stood her hands on her hips.

"Why?" I took a deep breath.

"Because, I love you too much to make you think I hate you. Celine, I loved you when I saw you get super excited at Frozen, I loved you when I first met you and you were wearing those short shorts," I walked over and knelt down in front of her. "I loved you that night when I won all those pandas for you and I love you here and now with all my heart." She began crying and I smiled wiping her tears away.

"You asshole, jerkface, hippopotamus."I Laughed at the hippopotamus part.

" I know." I said pulling her to me.

"I'm sorry that I kept hurting you Celine, I didn't want to which is why I left in the first place." She buried her head in my chest .

"I thought you didn't care." I stroked her hair.

"I always cared, when you were in the hospital I made sure that you were okay by calling up there." Her eyes widened as she looked at me.

"And no one told me?" She said.

"Pierce knew." She glared.

"Oh he's gonna get it." She said standing heading downstairs. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back over to the bed.

"Not yet, I want some more time alone with you." I said pulling her onto my lap. She smiled and kissed me before I laid my head on her chest and she played in my hair.

"I love you Arsen." She said. I smiled.

"I love you too, Celine."