reign

this oc is not historically accurate
╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

"i have already lost my father, my sister, and the man i once loved

"i have already lost my father, my sister, and the man i once loved. i will not lose you as well"
╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝
personal:
name- loretta of aragon
name meaning- crowned with laurel
age- nineteen
nicknames- lor (to annoy her)
personality- loretta is a very closed off person and it takes a while to become closer to her. most everyone she has ever cared about has left her, and she wants to keep herself from getting hurt again. she prefers to stay in the background and watch. she likes observing and knowing everything that is happening before she ever makes a move. she is cunning and calculating. her moves always revolve around what is best for her and the people she cares about. she grew up being cutthroat since she was young because of her family. it's best not to cross her. she can be two faced at times, only when it's to her advantage though. if you don't know her, then she seems very proper and silent girl. however once you get to know her, she is actually very free and wild. she is also very protective of the people that she is closed to. she would go to the ends of the world for the people she cares about. she's also very sweet and caring. she also loves being creative, usually painting or singing. while she is quiet, she also does like getting attention. she has always wanted to have a child, apart of her hoping to secure some role for herself but also because she likes children and taking care of them. she is the same way as animals and often spends a lot of her time down in the stables with the horses. she is quite impulsive, when she gets angry. normally, when she is calculating as soon as she gets angry, all of that goes out of the window. curiosity is also a weakness of hers and she spends a lot of her time at the castle exploring the secret passages. she is good at keeping secrets as well.
backstory- loretta of aragon is the younger daughter of catherine of aragon and king henry the eight. however, while her sister was made legitimate she wasn't. king henry the eight sent her to a nunnery, wanting to pretend that she had never existed. it was there that she met mary queen of scots and the two became close friends. when king henry of france learned of her existence, he brought her to french court, only a year before mary would arrive. henry wanted her father to see her and wanted to use her against her father. henry made her a king consort, which led to her and catherine de medici hating each other. she and bash also didn't get along because of her relationship with his father. when mary came to the castle though, the two resumed their friendship. she was also still a king's consort though. when henry's behavior came more and more dangerous, loretta began to fear for her life. she knew that she and bash didn't have the closest relationship, but she figured that he could help her. bash helped her escape the castle and the two became closer. when henry was killed and francis took over, loretta finally knew that she could come back to the palace. she became one of mary's ladies in waiting and she married bash not long after. when claude came to the palace though, she hated loretta. when she revealed her and bash's old relationship, loretta freaked out. she was also pregnant at the time, but hadn't told bash because she was afraid that she would lose the child. loretta became afraid bash would leave her for claude, and she tried escaping through the dark woods. pagans captured her, but bash once again saved her. the two fought for a bit before finally making up.
gender- female
sexuality- heterosexual
╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗