little women

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

"you're lucky laurie, you have options

"you're lucky laurie, you have options. my only option is making sure i marry well"
╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝
personal:
name- della josephine nightingale
name meaning- della (noble), josephine (God increases), and nightingale (someone with a sweet voice)
age- fourteen (at the start of the book)
nicknames- the nightingale (when she grows up many people call her this) and dell (only the march sister)
positive traits- she is fiercely loyal and would go to the ends of the world for the people that she cares about. creativity is also one of her strengths, she loves singing and writing poetry. she is also kind and helpful. what people say about her never affects her.
negative traits- she is very hotheaded, and although she does try to hold it end, it usually never ends well and she explodes. she is also cunning, she knows that her family legacy rests on her shoulders and would go to any means to make them proud of her. many people can mistake her for rude when they first meet her
strengths- she has a good singing voice, she is a strong swimmer, she is very persuasive, and she is determined
weaknesses- she is hotheaded, she doesn't have good endurance, she gets defensive easily, and she doesn't think before she acts
backstory- she was born into a wealthy family that was close to laurie's family. however once she became a bit older, she grew closer to the march sisters. she was always at balls, which was where she first met meg and jo. she and meg became close because she understood the pressures of being the oldest child. she later also grew close to amy, the two sharing their ambitions and feelings on love. she always had a good singing voice and when she turned seventeen she moved to europe. there she became a slightly successful singer, which she knew was mainly due to the fact that her family had money. she kept in touch with the march sisters. when amy came to europe the two happily reunited. amy told her what had happened between jo and laurie. della had a crush on laurie when she was younger, however she thought that she was over it. she had grown close to a man that she preformed with occasionally. however, it was mainly because he came from rich family and she knew that being the only daughter she was expected to keep their family legacy. the night of the ball, she found laurie drinking on the couch. she had no sympathy for him and told him just as much. she was angry with him because he had all the opportunities that she wanted and yet there he was drinking because jo didn't reciprocate his feelings. she dragged him outside, telling him that she had to watch the man she had loved since she was a child always chose someone else and she wasn't crying about it. however before laurie could response she quickly told him that she had been asked to marry someone else, trying to save face. it wasn't entirely true, however she did know that the man was planning to propose eventually. the two kissed though. when they returned home to beth's funeral she was crushed. a week after when everyone was at laurie's house having dinner, including her parents he proposed. she of course said yes.
gender- cisgender female
sexuality- heterosexual
birthdate- november twenty-eight, eighteen forty-six
╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗