Chapter four- Hesitant kisses

I woke up in a white room in a bed that was so not comfortable.
Hospital, definitely a hospital.

My parents were sitting on either side of me. My mom had her head bent down, hands brought together.

She was praying.

Her long brown hair covered most of her face but I could see hollows underneath her pretty hazel eyes. I looked at my dad he also had brown hair but it was slightly greying. His brown eyes were closed. They were both praying.

I didn't want their sympathy, never did, never will.

"No need to pray guys, I'm in one piece," I said in a scratchy voice. Both of their heads shot up and my dad rushed out of the room to get a nurse.

"You're alive! I shouldn't have let you go out with him. I love you. I love you!" Now she was in tears. She pulled me into a huge hug and I winced in pain.

"Im sorry!" She gasped pulling away and grabbing my hand. I looked at my body. My leg was broken, and my face was throbbing. My back hurt, as a matter of fact my whole body hurt. I replayed the days events until I remembered Raven. I gasped, the three men probably killed him!

"Where's Raven?!" I shrieked. I pulled aside my blanket and took the tube out of my arm. My mom looked at me in horror. I grabbed the crutches that were at my bedside and hobbled toward the door.

"Honey stop!" My mom yelled running toward me. Just as I reached the door it swung open. A guy with black hair and brown eyes stood in the doorway.

Raven!

I fell into his arms, sobbing. My mom quickly excused herself as Raven helped me back into the hospital bed.
He sat holding me while I cried into his grey shirt. I don't know why but I cried, cried like a baby. Raven lifted my face and dried my tears.

"I thought you were dead," I whispered.
He shook his head and pressed his forehead to mine. I don't know why, but he meant so much to me all of he sudden.

"It's okay Dovelyn. It's okay," he whispered. Then slowly, he bent his head toward mine and gently kissed me. Fire flashed through my body, burning and soothing my aching limbs.

I kissed him back with all my might. I know, I know I barely know the guy but it felt so right. I pulled back from his embrace and broke off our kiss. Believe me it was hard to do if I could stay in his arms, kissing him forever I would. We were both breathless.

"I barley know you, Raven. I can't just kiss you, I can't...." I whispered to him.
Hurt flashed across his face but then he shook his head in understanding and stood from his seat which happened to be the edge of my bed, heading toward the door.

Oh god! Hell to the no he did not just kiss me and then attempt to leave!

"Wait!" I almost yelled. He turned around a small smile played in his lips.

"Stay with me?" I asked in a small voice.

"Of course," he murmured. I needed him close to me, and I don't know why. he sat on a chair next to me and took my hand.

"What happened?" I asked, only remembering the three figures.

"We were attacked, I fought them off and brought you here. You could've died," he whispered, his voice breaking at the end.

"Oh," I murmured in shock.

Avery burst through the door and gave me a hug, she was a blubbering mess.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" She asked frantically.

"Yes Aves," I said using her nickname,"I'm okay."

I soothed her gently, wiping away her tears. When she finally pulled back from the hug her eyes were full of excitement. She dried her tears and composed herself.

"Guess what?" She said almost jumping up and down.

"What?" I asked barley getting the word out before she started talking again.

"Okay so Lucas is here! He saw the whole macho thing where you were getting thrown around like a rag doll and Raven was beating up the three guys at the same time! He was the one who called 911. And while I was in the waiting room crying my eyes out 'cause I thought you were going to die he gave me a hug and took me to the cafeteria. We even swapped numbers!" She didn't stop until she was done to take a breath.

"Omg! That is so cute!" I said, filled with excitement for my best friend.

Raven cleared his throat and was finally noticed by Avery who gasped," oh lord! I-um-I'm just gonna leave now,"and quickly left the room her face as red as a rose. Raven and I laughed together.

"I have to go," Raven said when his laughter subsided. I looked at him sadly, but then he leaned down and gave me a peck on the lips. I glared at him, trying to hide the happiness that burst inside of me. I can't just kiss someone who I didn't know, but it felt so right.

"Raven?" I said just as he reached the door.

"Hmm?" He asked turning around.

"Thank you for saving my life," I whispered.

"I didn't do a very good job at protecting you, Dovelyn." he murmured before he left the room.