Chapter twenty-five-rescue

Three chapters in a day! Woohoo! Oh and if you think the story is done after this chapter.. You are wrong! There is still at least two more chapters!
~~~<<<~~~<<<~~~<<<~~~<<<
Dovelyn's pov
We sat there for what felt like hours, but it was only minutes. The only sound was the dripping of water through the cracks in the ceiling. I stared blankly at nothing, replaying the events of this day, over and over. None of it seemed real. Hell, I didn't want it to be real.

Suddenly the door crashed open and I slowly looked over, expecting more torture but instead he stood there. His bright eyes filled with anger and his dark hair tousled. He scanned the room, his eyes landing on a very scared looking Ashwatthama, who jumped to his feet.

"You," they hissed at the same time. Raven didn't hesitate to lunge at my captor. They fought for dominance and Ashwatthama ended up on the ground. I could tell Raven wanted him to suffer but he made his death quick by snapping his neck. That didn't even phase me.

His eyes glided around the room again, landing on me. I probably, no scratch that, I know I looked like crap. He ran over to me his eyes filling with tears. He dropped to his knees and pulled me too him. I let out a hiss of pain because he was touching some of my open wounds. He immediately pulled back and stood up, holding me by my shoulders at arms length. His eyes widened and filled with rage as he saw the damage. Due to my ripped clothing he saw almost every cut, bruise, slash. He started to shake.

"Hey," I said softly looking at him in the eyes. His eyes glistened with more tears.

"Its okay now," he whispered, shedding a tear.

"It's never going to be okay," I murmured. I saw right then and there, his heart break through his eyes.

"Chef! We need to leave. There are five men heading towards us and I won't be able to hold them off for long!" A voice from outside the door shouted.

"We need to leave," Rave whispered, he picked me up bridal style, making sure not to touch my wounds.

"We need to take them," I said pointing towards the bodies of Avery and Lucas.

"We can't," he said walking towards the door.

"You take them or I will carry them myself. And what the hell happened to my fucking knives!" I yelled, black fury filling my body. Raven sighed and set me down before walking to Ashwatthama's body and going through his pockets. He pulled out my two knives from the body's pants pocket. I grabbed them and put them in my bra, which luckily wasn't ripped. He then went over to the bodies and pick up the closest one to him; Avery.

"We have to take both of them and give them a proper burial!" I cried as my tears started working again.

"Dovelyn we can't. I'm so sorry," he whispered, looking helpless.

"Fine," I said wiping my eyes. Raven walked over to me and a guy with brown hair and brown eyes. He took Avery's body in his arms while Raven picked me up and we dashed out of the room. The gloomy grey stones flew past my vision. I heard shouts behind us.

"We aren't getting anywhere! We have to fight!" The boy who was carrying my dead best friend gasped. Raven gave him a small nod and swerved down a hallway. He came to a stop at a random room and kicked the door open revealing an untouched bedroom. I was sat down on the bed and Avery was laid on the bed beside me. Raven and the boy rushed out of the room and shit the door. At least I was out of the cell. Maybe my powers work again!

I can heal her!  I thought, my eyes snapping to Avery. I took a shaky breath, still weak and bleeding. I'm surprised I'm not dead yet. I held out my hands in front of me, calling to my powers. Just as the light poured out of my palms, my hands were twisted awkwardly, but not painfully, towards my body. The light hit me and warmth spread throughout me. I tried to point my hands back at Avery's body to no avail, I tried to stop it but it just kept coming. By the time I was completely healed I was totally drained. My hands were let go and I looked at who made me heal myself.

"What the hell?" I shrieked, putting a lot of effort into yelling.

"It was either you or her," Raven said quietly.

"So? I want her back! I need her with me! She's like a sister to me!" I cried out.

"I'm sorry Dovelyn. Life doesn't just go the way you want it too most of the time. By the time you are rested enough to bring her back, her body won't be able to heal," Raven said flinching. He had a black eye but that looked like the only injury he had so i dismissed it for now.

"She's gone forever?" I whispered.

"Yes Dovelyn," he murmured before picking me up again and running. The boy ran behind with Avery in his arms. It all sank in. I felt helpless and selfish. I should've saved her. I could've. I was weak.

The next thing I knew I was being carried through a battle field. Blood splattered the ground and bodies lay dead. I couldn't tell which side was good and which one was bad. All I knew was one side winning since they're were only a few enemies left; the rest were dead.

The last man standing fell, limply to the ground. Loki pushed through the crowd and ran over to me pulling me out of Raven's arms, who growled, and into his. I responded weakly.

"Oh thank the Gods you are okay!" He exclaimed. 'Okay' was an overstatement.

"So I'm guessing we won?" I mumbled into his dirt smeared shirt. Of course I lost in many ways but I was grateful no one looked to be seriously hurt. If they were, they were dead.

"Yes, we won," he stated proudly.

"How many did we loose?" I asked pulling away from Loki.

"Only five," he responded, grief flashing in his eyes. Make that seven.

"I'm sorry," I breathed. Those two words were meant for many reasons.

I'm sorry for not saving Avery.

I'm sorry for not being able to save Lucas.

I'm sorry for not being able to take his body.

I'm sorry for feeling absolutely nothing but pain.

I'm sorry for being weak.

Loki just smiled sadly not catching on to my meaning.

I should be apologizing to Avery and Lucas's parents; to their family. I should be apologizing to my people.

He studied me for a moment before he turned around and disappeared into the crowd. The warriors paused and stared at me while the boy with my best friend walked into the crowd. I knew she would get to the other realm safely so I let it go and looked back at the group.

Was I supposed to say something?

I plastered a fake smile on and looked at the big group.

"I'm sorry I'm not presentable at the moment. We will grieve and will take the bodies back to their final resting spot tomorrow. The burials will take place tomorrow at dawn," I stated loudly enough for everyone to hear.

I added,"thank you for your help, I would be dead if it wasn't for you." before turning around the smile dropping off of my face as quick as you can blink. Raven looked at me sympathetically. I looked at him blankly and his face turned into a frown but he said nothing.

"Let's go," he said reaching out his hand to me. I took it hesitantly and a girl I didn't know came to the front of the crowd. She held her palms outward, she close her eyes and her lips moved.

What I saw next was absolutely amazing. I saw a huge golden oval hovering off the ground, it shimmered before I saw a beautiful landscape. It had green hills with wild flowers. The was a huge white castle decorated with shimmering gems.

"Walk through with me,"  Raven whispered encouragingly. I took a step forward and then another until my pace was matched with Raven's. We walked through it and it felt like I was falling.

It was peaceful so I closed my eyes and let the wind glide through my hair and caress my body.

For a moment I felt that everything was going to to be okay, and I savored that moment.