Chapter seven- Thinking hard

Authors note- Sorry I haven't posted in a while lovelies. Things are going to get interesting really soon so stay tuned and don't forget to vote comment and follow! Ily! Sorry it's short (I guess I'm feeling about writing something my height)😂😉 Im so freaking short so yeah here it is!
________________________

I cried.
I cried for hours until I heard the front door shut meaning my mom was home.

No not my mom.

She would never be my mom. My mom was dead and now I knew why. Bitterness claimed me as I sat on my bed my feet dangling off the side. I stared at the wall. I kept staring until my adoptive mom walked in.

"Honey? Are you alright?" I heard her panicked tone and snapped my stare to her coldly. Her eyes widened at my cold expression. I knew she didn't recognize me because honestly?

I didn't either.

"Go away." I whispered menacingly. Her eyes were flooded with fear as she quickly left the room shutting my door quietly. I heard her sob but felt nothing. She was stupid to think I wouldn't hate her when I found out about my real parents.

How could she have kept such a big secret from me?

Stupid woman.

I let a few more tears slip from my swollen eyes before going into the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I looked in the mirror at my hard expression at my stone features.

This was the last straw.

I felt like I had been fighting a long battle with the world including myself.

My real parents were dead, I was assigned to some stupid jerk so we could fall in love, some person was trying to kill me. My life is never gonna be the same again. I washed my face with water then walked into my bedroom. Now I didn't care what everyone else thought I wanted this cast off of me.

Sitting in my bed I raised my hands and put them over my cast. I took a deep breath and let my power seep out. It was brilliant, like fire but water at the same time. I felt warmth wash through me, but it only lasted a few seconds before my leg cracked and I bit my tongue in agony. I tasted blood and then the pain was gone.

I ripped off the cast with little difficulty. I always seemed to be stronger than everyone else. Probably another trait of being what I am. What am I though? I don't know..... I opened my window and took a deep breath.

I felt my body changing. The pain was mild since I was used to it. Then I flew out of my window and into the night.

I remember my first shift like it was yesterday. I was eight and I just got home from school, pissed off if I might add. I opened my window to let the cool air calm me when I felt something changing in my body.

I hadn't realized what was happening until half way through the shift. I don't really know how but I fought it. It hurt like hell and my body has permanent scars where it slit open with the intensity. I never showed anyone these scars because I was scared. But then I learned to not fight it, and I learned how to heal myself a few years later.

I didn't realize how far I flew while I was lost in memory but I ended up in a forest five miles from my house. I settled on a branch and swelled my white chest. I thought long and hard about what I was going to do.

I had to protect myself. It didn't matter what I had to do. I would protect myself from him. I wouldn't be scared.
I had to train. I needed to stop crying.

There were so many things I needed or wanted at the moment, I couldn't even focus on what I had. I couldn't count my blessings because I was too caught up in my misgivings.

I was blinded with need and want.

With anger and sadness.

With greed and fury.

I knew one thing, though.

I would not be weak.