Chapter eleven- flying, lying, bad timing

This is in the pov of Raven. Just thought I'd put a chapter in his veiw. hope you like. Also about is a picture of what I sorta picture Raven to look like.
Raven's pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She landed with an opmh on the blue mat below her. She looked so beautiful with her hair splayed everywhere, light sweat decorating her flawless skin. Oh lord I need to stop checking her out, but I can't get enough of her. Every time I see her it's like the first time no matter how cheesy it sounds.

Ignoring my outstretched hand, she got back up and took a fighting stance that I taught her earlier. She was actually really good. I wouldn't be surprised because of the type of blood that runs through her veins. I wordlessly took my own fighting stance and watched her every move like a hawk. She stared into my eyes without her eyes flicking anywhere to portray her next move.
Dang I shouldn't have told her that yet.
Suddenly she darted to the left and I moved to block her but she swiftly lunged toward the right and grabbed my arm, flipping me over her shoulder. Man, she catches on very very quickly. I'm starting to regret this. I groaned in pain as my body hit the floor harshly. I recovered quickly and hopped to my feet, a sense of pride filling me. She had finally beat me three out of five times.

"I did it!" She whispered looking at me with triumph.

"You also did it three other times too," I pointed out cockily. She spared me a glazed look before murmuring, "I know but this one feels different."

Realization hit me smack dab in the face. She could feel my pride. Of course I was super proud the three other times but this time she managed to flip my weight without crushing herself. Back to the point, this meant she was accepting the bond, either unconsciously or willingly I didn't care I was filled with excitement.

"I think we are done for the day," I said trying to keep the eagerness out of my voice. She nodded but I could see reluctance in her eyes. I caught the eye of one of my youngest fighters.

"Blake!" I called. He immediately jogged over.

"Yes chef?" He asked formally. I saw Dovelyn give me a questioning stare. I knew I was in for many questions but it was better than having her be the remote and cold Dovelyn. That part of her broke my heart.

"You are in charge while I am gone. Watch the house and everything within five miles within my house and Dovelyn's house. I am trusting you. As one of the newest members this is a great way to earn trust and respect. If you fail me there will be many consequences," I said using an authoritative tone. His eyes grew wide and he vowed his head in respect.

"Yes chef," he said pride evident in his voice. I dismissed him with a wave of my hand and he scampered off, barking out orders in which everyone followed, knowing if they didn't follow his orders they would be punished by me and it wouldn't be pretty. Dovelyn opened her mouth, obviously about to ask a question, but I raised my hand and shook a head at her. She shot me a lethal glare and if looks could kill I'd be six feet under.

I took Dovelyn's hand in mine and was disappointed when she tensed and let out a small noise in the back of her throat. I let the tingles pass through my body from our bond. What surprised me was she didn't pull away. Her hand molded perfectly with mine as I tugged her up the stairs. All of the men bowed their heads in respect towards us and I offered them a nod of my head.

"You better explain everything because I feel I'm missing out on something major Raven," she growled at me once we were upstairs. Her voice sent shivers through my spine when she said my name. I rubbed the back of my neck with my free hand.

"Your mom could explain better...i have some information but I feel she's give a better description," I said carefully, apparently not carefully enough. She yanked her hand out of my grasp and glared at me. The cold Dovelyn was back.

"She is not my mother. I can't believe you withheld information from me! She had better explain everything. You'd better never keep information from me again!" she yelled. Man, she was hot when she was angry...

I nodded my head and walked to the front door with her following. I opened the door and hid behind a bush before feeling electricity thrum through my body as the shift started. Dovelyn watched with wide eyes. I shifted into my black bird with brown feathers mixing in with it. I saw a flash of amazement sprint through her eyes before they hardened with disappointment.

I was now fully shifted and I looked at her expectantly, but all she muttered was, "great, another thing you kept from me."

She walked behind the same bush I had shifted behind and shifted. Her beautiful white feathers and sharp blue eyes made her look wise and amazing. She was slightly smaller than me but as we started our flight she sped off, clearly making up for any disadvantages. I followed behind her and scanned the ground for any enemies. I couldn't see any so I let myself become carefree. I sped up and let out a trill. Dovelyn barely glanced at me and just kept racing through the sky at a pace that was almost too much for me too keep up with. I felt like a sick puppy. I felt her feelings pour through our bond and was shocked at he intensity. Betrayal, pain, anger, and.....depression? I'd do anything to take those feeling away from her but I know I was the one that gave them to her...

The flight ended much to fast for my liking. Her white house came into view as we slowed. She dived first at an irregular pace and I was afraid she was going to crash but at the last second she tucked her wings and then thrust them out ward propelling her upwards. She landed gracefully on the porch and I followed. We both looked for danger for shifting into human form.

Dovelyn immediately barged inside and went straight to the kitchen where her mom was drinking tea. As soon as am she saw us she set her tea down and gestures for us to take a seat. She got up wordlessly and went to the oven, pulling out a chocolate cake. My mouth watered as the enticing aroma filled my nostrils. Cutting four slices she set them eat in their individual whit plates. She handed one to me, one to Dovelyn, keeping one for herself and pushing one to the side, handing us all forks.

"Jen, honey," David, Dovelyn's adoptive dad walked into the kitchen. He hugged her and pecked her lips before taking his cake. David and Jen lent up against the counter while Dovelyn and I sat side by side.

"I believe you owe me answers."