Chapter eight- I will not be weak

A/N Megan Fox is almost identical to what I describe Dovelyn. Not 100% but pretty dang close. so yea here's the next chappie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun filtered through my curtains as I yawned and stretched. My eyes had dried tears on them from crying myself to sleep but I waded my face, took a shower and composed myself.I hopped out of my adjoining bathroom and slipped into blue skinny jeans, a black v-neck shirt and black combat boots. I loved this outfit, I needed more like it. Hearing clattering down stairs I raced down the stairs to see my "mom" making breakfast.

"Bye," I muttered, I was already gone by the time she registered I even talked. Shutting the front door and taking a deep breath of fresh morning air. I scanned my surroundings making sure no one saw me shift. A rush of warmth spread through my body as I shifted and took off through the sky.

Cold, refreshing air rushed through me and caused my adrenaline to pump. I loved this.
I had no worries,
No thoughts,
Just me, the wind, and the sky.
Annoyance poured into me as the school building came into view much too soon. Mentally, I sighed, but I knew all great things must come to an end. Its funny how you can relate your life to quotes so easily. Zeroing in on a tall bush I landed behind it. I landed with a soft thud and shifted, thankfully I wasn't naked and I had my clothes from earlier on. The warmth from shifting coursed through my petite body. I sauntered out from behind the bush trying to use my heightened senses that I got from being what ever creature I was, I tried to track down Avery but like every morning she tackled me in a hug. Luckily, I've learned to keep my balance when her weight was thrown at me so I only stumbled back a few steps.
"Ooohhh myyyyy goshhhh!" She squealed, drawing out each word.
"What?" I asked her, confused.
She gave me a wicked look before chirping, "So are you and Raven a thing yet? Hey! Isn't it weird that you guys both have names that relate to birds? Haha! I'm gonna call you guys love birds from now on! Get it? Yea, you do! Anyways I set up a double date for us on Saturday! I can't wait for my boyfriend to see me in my new dress! We have to go shopping for you! Oh! An-"
"Stop," I choked cutting her off as pain stabbed my heart. Avery saw my pained expression and immediately pulled me into a hug.
"What did the doof bag do Dove?" I laughed quietly at her sentence, she is against cussing and slaps me whenever I do so she makes up ridiculous, but funny replacements. Avery squeezed me tighter knowing that I wasn't ready to talk.
"Ave?" I asked using her nickname. She hummed in response.
"Can we skip and go to starbucks?"
She laughed, knowing fully well that I hated Starbucks. Finally she pulled away from the hug and gently steered me to her car. It was a green beetle that I absolutely loved.
"What happened to your cast?" She asked curiously as she started the car.
I froze before guilt washed over me.

"It healed really fast and I was okay to take it off," I lied biting my lip. She nodded in surprise and pulled up to a building with big block letters spelling out "Express Café". I raised an eyebrow at her.
"I thought we were going to Starsucks?" I said questionably. She shook her head.
"My grandma took me here two days before she passed." she said sadly.
I put my hand on her shoulder and quietly cooed, "I'm sorry. I didn't know," she shook her head, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath before smiling and getting out of the car. This was the thing with Avery, she held in her emotions and always acted fine, I mean don't get me wrong I do too, but she always worried about everyone else and never thinks about herself. She could be staving and would give a person her Oreos even though they don't need them. Trust me, she loves her Oreos!
I snapped out of my thoughts and hurried after Avery. We were greeted by a cheery old woman with graying hair and permanent crows feet. Even though she looked happy you could tell she was very wise and had a rough past. You could see scars running up her wrist, and a scar running from her ear to her her nose. She took us to a comfy booth and we ordered our drinks. Me, coffee. Avery, coke. Of course, that girl was obsessed with coke. (A/N That makes her sound like a drug addict but she's far from it!)
"Spill," she ordered. I stalled and took a sip of my coffee that had been brought to me moments before.
Then, I explained.

I told her every thing, from the attacks, to the guy who's name I still can't pronounce, to Raven. I left out the supernatural things like me being what I was, and me being revived. I told her that I lived miraculously. Avery's fists clenched and she was fuming. I ended my twisted story and took a drink of my coffee. Tears welled in my eyes and I blinked furiously.
"It's okay to cry," Avery whispered.

"No! I will not cry! Crying makes me weak. I will NOT be weak Avery. I've cried enough. I'm going to train. I will not stand by and be pushed around. My old self is already half-way dead, okay?" I growled, cursing the stray tear that betrayed me and rolled axils down my flushed cheeks. Furiously I wiped my eyes and stared at a shocked Avery.

"You can't hold it in Dove. You lost your parents when you were little and now you have a guy coming after you to finish the job!" She threw her hands up in the air. I sent her a look that said I didn't want to talk about it anymore. we ordered our food and ate in silence. Half-way through our meal she asked, "what are you gonna do?"

"Train, fight, kill," I said coldly not looking at her. I heard her gasp.

"That's not you D," she whispered.

"Not the old me," I whispered back, before throwing down a twenty and walking out of the restaurant, ignoring Avery's calls. Finding a secluded place I shifted and flew home, no longer feeling the exhilaration of the wind.

Shifting back where no one could see me I walked to my house. Tumbling into the house, blinded with the weight of my decisions. I shut the front door quietly and slid my back down the door burying my head into my knees. I wasn't going to cry. I wasn't. Crying made me weak. Im not gonna be that week little girl that died and had to be revived. I wasn't gonna be that girl who let some jerk kiss her, even if they were destined to be together. I wasn't gonna be the girl who cried over him. I was week, not anymore. I will no longer cry. I won't. I can't. A silent sob wracked my body, even though there were no tears. I took a deep breath and stood up, masking all emotions with cold face.

I heard shuffling and walked toward the sound to find my adoptive mom in the kitchen. What's so bad about that? Oh nothing except that Raven was sitting at the island in the middle of the kitchen talking to her..

----------------------------------------------
A/N Thank you for reading my lovelies. I will probably do a different pov for the next chapter. Idk...There will be many twists and turns in the next few chapters. Stay tuned <3