Epilogue

"Mommy?" I heard a small voice say.

"Yes darling?" I asked, sitting on the edge of the little boy's bed.

"Will you tell me a story, please?" My three year old asked giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Okay," I sighed. I laid beside him, he curled into my side and I flicked my wrist and a soft light illuminated the room as twirled the string of light. It became bigger and bigger, until it held a younger version of me flying through the sky. I heard my child let out a gasp, and his eyes stretched wide.

I had found my power a couple months after I had been rescued.

"Once upon a modern time there was a girl. She was a Caladrius like you and I, Leo. She had to keep it a secret though because people wouldn't be happy. She met a boy, though. He was amazing,"
I stopped to make the figure of Raven and I eating on our first date.

"Is that you and daddy, mommy?" Leo asked.

"It is," I nodded and then continued, "he saved her many times throughout her life. He saved her from herself even."

The flashback of the time that the easy way out seemed too tempting, wriggled into my mind but I quickly banished it.
I changed the figures to make Raven fighting off a few bad men before continuing, leaving out blood and depressing movies out of the story.

"They grew to love each other and soon had two beautiful children named, Leo and Aria. They loved them very much. The family hasn't had an ending yet but I'm guessing it will be a happy one," I said making the yellow light into four figures. Raven and I, and our two children. I held Aria while Raven held Leo. They were smiling. I sucked the light back into my palms after I realized Leo fell asleep.

"Goodnight Leo," I whispered, kissing his forehead and tucking him under the covers.

I sighed with relief, Aria was already asleep so it was time to visit the one place that I find sorrowfully beautiful.

Avery's grave.

I shuffled slowly to the castles kitchen and headed to the closest cupboard. Pulling out two Oreos, one for me and one for Avery's memory, I shut the cupboard door.

Leaving the kitchen, I walked through the maze of hallways until I found the castle's front door. Pushing open the heavy doors, I was greeted with a gust of warm wind.

Avery's grave was close to the castle so I didn't have to walk far. When I got there, I sat down by the mound of dirt. Flowers had begun to grow over it, but I could still tell where it was.

"Hey Aves," I whispered softly. Today was the anniversary of her death. It had been ten years. I popped an Oreo into my mouth and munched on it.

Avery's grave didn't have a cross or a headstone. She never wanted one. She always wanted a grave in a field and not a graveyard.

It's amazing how much best friends talk about their death.

When I was done with my Oreo I replayed all the memories we had together.

"You remember that time in third grade when we brought your pet mouse to school and set it loose in the classroom?" I laughed.

I ate the second Oreo and was about to relay another story when I heard tiny footsteps behind me.

"Mommy?" I heard a little voice ask. She was asleep when I left but apparently she decided to follow me.

"Yes, Aria?" I replied as she came to sit beside me. Her long black hair fell over her face in a curtain.

"Why are you talking to the ground?" She asked again. I let out a dry laugh.

"My best friend was buried here years ago," I whispered, pulling my daughter closer to me. She snuggled into my side and wrapped her tiny arms around my waist.

"Why?" She questioned.

"Because she isn't with us anymore," I answered shakily.

"Is that why you're always sad momma?" Aria whispered. Man, she was one smart five year old.

"I'm not always sad little one. I just miss her very much," I murmured.

"But you're never fully happy," she replied. I sighed. She was too smart for her own good.

"You make me happy. So does your brother and your father and your future kingdom," I assured.

"I wanna make you proud momma," she breathed sadly.

"You already have Aria," I commented.

"Tell me about your friend momma," Aria demanded quietly. It out a sigh as tears watered in my eyes.

"Her name was Avery. She was brave and smart like you Aria. You remind me of her a lot. She was an amazing person. I loved her like a sister," I let out a small sniffle as tears slid down my face.

"Don't cry," Aria said softly as she reached her small hands up and carefully wiped my tears away. I smiled at her.

Sometimes it seemed like she had Avery inside of her.

Maybe she did?

"Thank you Aria. I love you so much. Let's go back to the castle," I smiled.

"Okay momma," she replied. Getting to her feet and attempting to help me up, but ended up falling onto me.

We both burst into giggles and I helped her up happily.

"I'm glad I could make you laugh," Aria grumbled. I laughed again and swung her up and onto my hip.

"I love you little one," I murmured as we walked to the castle.

"I love you too momma," her little voice answered back.

Pure joy filled me at those words.

I knew that this story would have a happy ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its over guys 😭😭 Omg this is amazing!!