Chapter twenty-two- Kidnapped

Sorry this one is a bit short! Two chapters in a day? Whoo hoo! Enjoy!
========================
Dovelyn's pov
I woke up to a dinky cell and groaned quietly.

It all came back in a rush. The cars. The forest. Loki.

Loki! Where is he?!

The sound of water dripping filled the cell, along with the heavy breathing of someone else. I looked around to find Avery and Lucas chained to the wall at the far side of the cell. They had their hands chained above their heads and their feet chained to the wall; side by side.

"Avery! Lucas!" I cried, stumbling to my feet, ignoring my body's protests. At the sound of my voice their heads raised. Avery had a tear streaked face and Lucas looked bruised and beaten. I started walking toward them on unsteady feet but fell when I was a little more than halfway to them. I cursed when I realized I had a chain wrapped around my left ankle.

"Are you alright?" I asked them frantically.

"We're okay, Lucas took quite a beating though," Avery responded with a weak smile. I nodded and got an idea.

"I think I can fix that," I said with a small smile. I tried to conjure my healing power.

Tried.

I held my hands out and inspected them, trying to get my power to work.

"It's not working!" I cried out.

"What's not working?" Avery asked worriedly.

"My powers!" I whimpered, trying and failing to conjure the wind.

"Dovelyn, you don't have powers," Lucas replied.

"But I do," I whispered belter telling them the whole story.

Leaving nothing out.

"And that's why we are here. Guys I'm so sorry I got you caught up in this mess!" I breathed, tears welling up in my eyes. Avery and Lucas looked at me, dumbfounded.

"And now you think I'm crazy," I grunted.

I was angry.

No I was beyond angry, I was livid.
My friends think I'm crazy and we were going to get killed.

I heard the sound of a squeaky door being opened. It closed with a bang and I turned around slowly.

"I believe you Dovelyn," Avery replied softly. I smiled at her before facing the figure.

"I see you're awake," the figure spoke. It was a man from what I could tell.

"Who are you?" I asked dangerously.

"Why, Dovelyn! You don't remember the man who killed you in your mother's womb?" He cried out mockingly.

"Don't talk that way about my mother, Ashwatthama!" I growled.

"Oh? So you do remember me?" He asked, stepping into the lighter part of the cell, where a small, barred window was. I didn't reply. I decided to inspect him instead.

He had long brown hair, with almost black pits as eyes. They were cold and vicious. His mouth was pulled into an ugly smirk and his nose was crooked. A scar ran its way from one ear to the other. He was young. Well, of course, he was immortal.

"Not going to speak?" He drawled.

"Let my friends go," I hissed.

"Not until you give me what I want," he replied with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Don't give it to him D," Lucas whispered and Avery muttered an agreement.

"I will skin you alive and bask your brains out with your own hand!" I threatened. Ashwatthama laughed.

"Oh Dovelyn. You make me laugh. I will torture you until you give it to me willingly," he responses edging closer to me.

"This has nothing to do with Avery or Lucas. Kill me and let them go!" I shouted letting all of my power leak into my voice.

He barely flinched.

"No. I'd like to see them suffer as they watch you scream in pain," he said joyfully.

"You sadistic little bastard!" I screamed at him. His smile dropped and he took a step towards me.

"Now, now. Enough fun and games. Give me what I want and you'll live," he repeated.

"No," I replied. That was all it took for me to be flying against the room and into a wall. I landed with a grunt and bit the inside of my cheek so I didn't scream.

"Oh come on now? You're not going to scream?" He asked strolling over to me and picking me up by my hair.

"Go to hell!" I spat and he punched me in the face. Pain shot through my cheek and I let out a small groan.

"What happened to Loki?" I asked when I finally got my pain under control.

"The bastard got away!" He shouted before dropping my to the ground and kicking me in the stomach repeatedly. Tears gathered in my eyes but I refused to let them spill. I heard the cried of my friends but they were distant. A small cry of pain left me as he kicked me again.

Hard.

"Think about this until next time," he spit on me and walked out of the room. I let out a sob and crawled along the wall, my chain dragging behind me. I curled up in the corner pulling my knees to my chest ignoring the shooting pain and sniffled softly.

"Dovelyn! Are you okay?" I heard Avery cry. I could tell she was crying but I didn't look up. Lucas tried to console her but she only cried harder.

"I'm fine," I sniffed, my voce breaking.

"Just give him what he wants!" She sobbed.

"People will die if I do that!" I shouted into my knees.

"And that's worth your life?" I heard her yell.

"It is worth my life!" I shouted back.

"No. No, it's not," she sobbed harder. I didn't reply. There was no winning this argument with her.

I was going to die for those people.

For Riley.

For Raven.

For my parents.

For Loki.

For all those families.

For my kingdom.