42

TRIGGER WARNING: one very brief mention of death

~ Jungkook's POV ~

The talk went pretty well. Though the mood was serious at first, it eventually became a bit more light hearted. And Jungkook was very understandable about the whole situation.

Although he did mention that he obviously felt hurt at first when they started telling him the truth, he said it was all good and he felt pretty okay later on in the conversation. He was just confused on why Sashe went out her way to lie about something.

Aside from all that, he thought he was going to be okay.

But after the bell rang and he walked alone to his first class, that's when he felt the tears coming.

~ Seokjin's POV ~

Seokjin was walking alongside Yoongi while saying, "you know something weird?"

"What?" Yoongi asked as they made a turn. Seokjin was about to reply but then they both stopped in their tracks when a student suddenly ran past them.

"Jungkook?" Seokjin said with furrowed eyebrows after seeing the back of the student running. He spoke in a hurry, "you go-- I gotta get Jungkook."

"Okay." Yoongi replied in a calm tone and Seokjin immediately started running after Jungkook in the silent halls while yelling, "Jungkook! Wait!"

Jungkook kept running until he got to the boys' bathroom before he immediately sat down on the floor as he broke down crying, like he had been trying his best to keep it all in until he was completely alone.

Seokjin arrived just moments after and felt shattered when he saw Jungkook crying like that while sitting on the floor.

He calmly approached him and sat down with him on the floor.

Although Seokjin had no idea why his nephew was suddenly crying, he still side hugged him as physical comfort.

Seokjin spoke calmly, "it's okay, you can keep crying as long as you need and tell me what's wrong whenever you're ready."

Jungkook wanted to speak but couldn't through all of his crying.

It was the worst feeling.

________

"Hey," Seokjin began when Jungkook's crying had calm down after a while. "How about me and you ditch our responsibilities at this school and go out somewhere?"

Jungkook nodded and Seokjin said, "nice. And maybe then you can tell me what's going on? Or do you prefer now?"

It took Jungkook a few moments before he softly responded, "I'll tell you when we go." Seokjin said, "no problem. Is it something that happened at school though? Did someone hurt you?"

"Sort of, but they're not here today. And it's mostly just me feeling humiliated, not really them. But don't worry," He sniffed before he continued, "it isn't something that needs to be confronted."

Seokjin replied, "oh okay, I understand. Do you wanna ditch school now?" Jungkook smiled a little at his uncle who was low key being humorous. "Yeah." He answered.

They both stood up and it was like Jungkook couldn't wait to hug him. "Thanks Uncle Jin, I'm so grateful that you chose to take care of me after my parents died, you've always been there for me."

Seokjin smiled as he said, "ah come on, don't make me cry. Thank you for saying that." They pulled away from the hug and Seokjin said, "now let's get moving before Yoongi reports us as missing."

Jungkook chuckled and asked as the two started walking out the bathroom, "you had a class together with him today?"

"Yup, and I ditched him to run after you. And now we're about to ditch school too." Jungkook smiled and responded, "this is the first time I'm ditching school with a teacher."

Seokjin stopped Jungkook in his tracks and asked, "so you ditched school before?" Jungkook looked at him and questioned, "did you?"

"Nonono, we're not going there, I'm asking the questions." Seokjin jokenly argued.

"And I'm walking away." Jungkook responded as he started walking ahead, Seokjin taking a few steps to catch up as he said, "I will literally turn you upside down and use your head as a mop."