Chapter 12

Vera's POV

"He doesn't?"

I could see the disappointment on mother's face and I couldn't bear it

"No he doesn't.
He treats me even better "
I smiled and looked over to see Julius glaring daggers at me .

"Oh thank goodness.
I knew this was a perfect match.
Your father and I have something important to discuss with you two"

"We will discuss it over dinner but for now your mother and I need to rest"
He came to her and placed his hand at her side and she smacked him giggling as a blush ran across her cheeks.
Their love was so cute.
The maids carried their bags and their belongings were sent upstairs as they followed soon after

I felt a strong grip on my wrist and before I knew it I was being pulled upstairs by Julius and he threw me into his room kicking the door behind him.

"What do you think your doing?!"
My heart was racing.
Why did he lock the door?
He took long strides towards me
Taking my wrist again he pushed me against a wall and caged me to it.

"How dare you!
what game are you playing"
He spoke directly into my ear

"I'm not playing any games you are not familiar with"
I looked straight into his eyes as I spoke not letting his burning gaze faze me

"That would be the worst mistake you would ever make.
Your going to play along with this.
You don't have any other choice-"

"No!
You are in no position to threaten me here
Because the ball is now in my court and if I decide I can tell your parents everything from how you behave with me to the whole truth"
I saw the shock on his face as clear as day but it was gone as soon as it came.

"You wouldn't dare"

"Try me"
This time I wasn't going to back down nor was I going to loose another power struggle.
I pushed against his chest and walked past out of the room shutting the door behind me.

"See madam.
I told you Madam Violet was a nice person"
Selina and I were helping Mrs Juli make dinner while she ran out to get some more things we needed.
I was stiring the mixture we needed to make mother's favourite dish Paella.

"Yeah
She really is"
I smiled to myself almost laughing when I remembered the game I was going to play with her help I would hopefully give Julius a hard time.

"I do wonder what they want to talk about"
I looked at Selina and she tilted her head staring back at me.

"Yeah me too"
I wasn't really into this conversation. At least not like I was supposed to.
I was busy thinking about mother, my mother and my family that I left behind .
I didn't even get a proper good bye.
I needed to talk to them again.

"Do you know where Aldonis is?"
my question was so out of the blue that Selina just stared at me

"It's weird your asking but on weekends he is normally at home.
You could check his room, Julius's study ,cinema or the gym"

"I'll be right back"

I needed to find Aldonis and ask him for a phone.
I needed to find out how everyone has been doing and if they were okay.
I checked his room but he wasn't there.
Julius's study was going to be the last place I would check.
I walked into the gym and heard the treadmill on so I assumed it was Aldonis.