Chapter 17

Vera's POV

Confused was an understatement compared to what I felt at the moment.
Julius never had a reason to pretend in front of Luios, so why was he nice enough to still let him in?

That was beyond me and I decided not to dwell on it too much.
It might as well just be some new act of his.

The morning went on a little bit differently .
I didn't wait 30 mins before coming down, instead I used an hour in the shower. I was just feeling like it today.
I continued my routine and went down to help Mrs Juli and Selina with breakfast before I retired to my bedroom to continue my movies.

I had just gotten a Netflix account and downloaded the much hyped Euphoria and I was really looking forward to bindge watching.

I hadn't called Nina yet.
I had been able to save everyone's contacts but she was the one out of all I just couldn't bring myself to call.
Just then my phone ringtone came up and I answered it.

"Hey baby
How are you doing"
Out of everyone Lexi was the one who called the most. Sometimes her call woke me up and other times it was the last thing I heard before bed. I was really thankful to my bestie.

"I'm good
How are you?"

"Luios told me about Julius's change in character.
I was shocked to hear he said Julius was nice to him. Well not nice but not as rude or as feisty as he normally would be. It was so unbelievable I had to call to confirm from you"

"Yeah it actually happened.
I was just as shocked as you. The current events have just been so weird lately"
I filled her in from the time he walked into the kitchen till date

"If I didn't know better I'd say Julius is falling in-"

"Don't!
Don't even say it!"
She never failed to bring this up whenever I told her about our encounters and every single time I shunned her, but it didn't stop her from bringing it up

"Just because you don't wanna hear it doesn't mean its not true"
I groaned into the phone

"Come on Lexi not this again"

"Okay
Okay. When are we going to be able to see again?
I haven't seen you in a month now and i'm really missing you tomato head"

I ignored the nickname .
To be honest I was missing her too but I wasn't sure I would be able to see her. But I could ask Aldonis to take me

"We'll see
Maybe we could go to our favourite shopping mall tomorrow.
It's been a while since we went window shopping"

When we were in school we always loved going to all these expensive shops and trying on dresses we knew we could never afford, taking pictures with them then running off with VIP snacks

I missed the old days

"OMG
Just like old times" she squealed and I had to remove the phone from my ear for a moment until she stopped.

"Like old times.
I'll ask Aldonis first"

"Okay..."
Her okay was a little bit high pitched

"Take care love"

"You too.
Bye"

I out down my phone and started Euphoria.

Four hours later, I was hungry .
It should be past 5-ish by now.
I paused the movie and jumped out of the bed.
I got to the kitchen and took some left over Pork Braciola.
I was passing the living room with my plate when the door opened and Aldonis came in looking all battered and bruised.
He limped over to one of the sofas and collapsed unto it.
I dropped my plate and ran to him.
He had scars and cuts on his face, lips and his clothes were covered in blood!?

I felt like gagging at the smell of iron that filled my nostrils when I came closer.

"OMG
Aldonis what happened?"

"It's nothing Vera.
We just came back from a fight with a rival mafia that thought they could take the reigns from us but they were wrong. They were more prepared for our arrival but we still truimfed
We got off with bruises but they didn't survive"
He started coughing out blood and it made my stomach churn

"You need a doctor"

"Nah
I'v suffered worse.
So much worse that I can treat myself just fine. Don't worry about me sugar"
He stood up and limped all the way up the stairs.

I looked at my plate of food and just realised I had lost my appetite.
I sighed and picked up the plate to take it to he kitchen.

When I walked into the kitchen I stopped when I saw Julius sitted on one of the bar stools shirtless trying to treat his cuts and bruises.
He had a cut at his cheek bone, bruises on his jaw and a cut on his lip.
There was a deep cut at his upper arm that had dried blood at the opening.

He looked up at me and continued his struggling to treat his wounds.
I don't know why but I felt the need to go help him.
Before I could double think I was already standing in front of him.
He looked up at me as I gestured towards the cotton wool in his hand and he handed it to me adjusting to face me , giving me more access to his wounds.

I took some antiseptic and started cleaning the blood around his cuts. He released a few grunts of pain so I started blowing little puffs of air each time I applied the antiseptic. He fell silent for a while and I looked up at him to see his fixated gaze at me.

I kept my eyes trained on his wounds, ignoring the knot that formed in my chest from knowing he was staring at me. I bandaged his wounds.
Handing him an ice pack I started leaving when I felt his grip on my wrist and I turned to face him.

"Thank you"

To say I was shocked was an understatement.
He just thanked me. I don't think I heard right.
I must be imagening things.
He left my hand and walked past me.
I just blinked continuously to find out if I was dreaming, I wasn't.
It was all real.
Julius was changing?
And his touch on my wrist was much softer and there was a tingling sensation left where he held

.....

Hey nuelllites ❤️,
Hope you liked this chapter

Favourite character?

Future predictions?

Let me know in the comments

And please don't forget to vote 💕

~Xonuelllaxo