Chapter 19

Vera's POV

To say I expected less from Julius would be like expecting a zebra to change his stripes.

After our encounter he left me there. His words left a hole in my chest. It brought tears to my eyes every time I thought about it.

I was now a prisoner and I don't think leaving was an option so I decided to accept my faith.

Lexi had called and I told her everything.

"Why is he so obsessed with you not leaving the house?"

She was just as confused as I was

"I have no idea.
And now I'm living like a prisoner"

"A rich prisoner with a drop dead gorgeous husband and two handsome hunks as friends.
You have everything outside that home in it so why would you wanna go out?"

I brought out the phone to check if it was Lexi I was actually talking to.
When I was sure I held it back to my ear

"Lexi!.
You know I've always been the free type and this is so not what I'm used to.
I feel like I'm suffocating"
She was being such a Lexi

"I can't talk to you right now.
Bye"
I put the phone down and sighed.

I couldn't sleep.
It was already 12 and I didn't know what I wanted from the kitchen but I just went there.
I decided to take some milk to help me sleep.

I was walking past the stairs when the front door opened and Aldonis walked in holding Julius who looked half asleep and half awake. He kept falling over as Aldonis struggled to walk with him.

He walked up to me.

"Hey Ver"
He sounded exhausted

"Hey.
W-what happened?"
I gestured to Julius

"I don't know.
I got a call he was drunk at one of our clubs and I saw him in this state.
He has never drank like this. He normally drinks when he wants to forget something.

And i'm too old for this"

I raised a brow at him

"Okay
Could you please take him up to his room.
Please...."
He tried giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"If you can't manage him what makes you think I would be able to?"

"Please Vera"

I sighed as Aldonis pushed Julius towards me and he stood staring down at me. Was he awake?
He leaned down on me and I was taken aback before I held him

"Thank you!"

I glared at Aldonis as I helped Julius up to his room.

When we got to his room I was shocked.
His room was beautiful
It was black devoid of any light

He seemed like he had started sobering up as I sat him down on his bed

I started walking away when he held my wrist stood up and walked closer to me looking straight into my eyes.
He held my waist and pulled me into him.

My hands on his chest his eyes drifted from mine to my lips and I just stood there not saying or doing anything.

He placed a hand on my cheek caressing it.
Before I could react his lips found mine as he pulled me closer deepening the kiss.
I didn't respond.
I was too shocked.

Julius was freaking kissing me!
He deepened the kiss and I still stood not responding.
I was still in shock when the door opened

"We're you able to-"
He drifted off when he saw what was happening and then I pushed Julius away and he stumbled falling on the bed sofa.
My cheeks were crimson as I stared at Aldonis's shock stricken face.

I walked out past him without saying a word and I was thankful he didn't either.

I immediately went to my room.
When the door was secured my back found the door and I slid down to the floor.
I touched my lower lip and it was swollen.

The images of the kiss kept flashing through my mind but I shook them away as quickly as they came wanting to forget it ever happened
But I knew fully well it was something I won't ever forget.

••••••••
Hey nuelllites ❤️

Hope you liked this chapter

Favourite character?

Future predictions?

Love to know in the comments and please don't forget to vote

~Xonuelllaxo