The Very Beginning

About 6 months ago

Suriah went by the nickname Noor. She was given the name by her manager at the club she works at. Its meaning being glow or light and Gods Fire. I don't know why he picked that name for her but I could see how it suits her. Though, this was after I even heard of her.

In a day I wake up early, workout some days, shower and get ready, lounge and then eat breakfast, once it's time to leave I do whilst listening to important parts of the agenda of my day. I was always busy with new projects, project proposals, unifying companies, driving profitability, managing company organizational structure, meetings and so on. On the side though, I like to play around a little just because living life the same way every single day has become a bore.

I had three meetings that
specific day which went on till around noon, maybe 1-ish. Now I sat in my office looking through some files as I tapped my foot when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called.

My assistant walked in, "Sir, Mr. Callow is here to see you,".

"Let him in," I said.

My assistant left and not long after Daren Callow walked into my office with his "assistant" beside him. He was large and bulky, light brown hair, always wore sunglasses no matter how dark it was, he wore gray suits and smoked way too much. A waste of space honestly.

    Callow is disgusting, inside and out. I personally would never get involved with him but this was the exception since I rarely had to see him. Callow, a man who thought he could get whatever he wanted was a meer bug in my eyes, a parasite more like it. Though, I did not care enough about him to judge him.

"Good afternoon Mr. Knight," He greeted as he walked inside, "Lookin' sharp as always,".

My eyes lifted from the papers and locked onto Callow. Cigarettes, disgusting. He sat down, making himself comfortable in my office as his eyes wandered around obviously admiring my scenery. He looks like a whale out of water.

My office exclusive, no one ever came up without access or if I let them in. My assistant being the exception. Very modernized office that varied only between grays, black, white and navy blues with a scenic view of the city.

I set the papers down, "You needed to see me?".

"Ah yes," He grabbed the suitcase from the other man and grabbed a set of papers, throwing them onto my desk, "I thought you'd be interested in this,".

I slowly looked down at the papers before reaching out to grab them. Another launder problem, nothing unusual.

"Why would I? It's the same as everything else," Before I could set them down he interrupted me.

"Read them,".

I sighed and pursed my lips as I scanned through the papers. Woman in her 50's owes about 200K, went off grid and was found dead. Debt was supposed to go to the father but he's dead too, now it falls onto their only child. I flipped the paper. Suriah Moon, 23, 5'2, works as a bartender at Midnight club. Oh? My club? She's completely unaware of the burden that's fallen on her.
    I flipped the page one last time to see her picture. Black straight hair, bangs, round dark brown eyes, button nose, plump lips and an overall soft structure.

"I thought I'd show you before my guys handle this situation," Callow said.

I lifted my eyes, "Your guys?".

"Yeah, we'll handle her," He said in a strangely nasty tone.

"Why?"

He chuckled, "It should be fun,".