Growth

It hurt so much. Not just my waist but my head and my heart from all this lonely torture I've had to endure during my time in this dystopian dream. I winced as I tapped the side of my waist, the bruising sensation sending a sharper pain than before.

Was I mad at Kieran? I don't know. Was I supposed to be? I don't know either. And look I know I've said I'd never get used to him but, I am.

    After those intruders raided his place I've been traumatized about them coming back. Being near Kieran was a need. Whether I like it or not. I despised the thought of having to rely on him or need him at all to the point where my head ached. I hate Kieran. Over and over I would tell myself...it sent my head spinning.

    I sighed. My head slowly fell underneath the bath water as I shut my eyes and let the water hug me tightly. Sure it took me a while to get in the tub after Kieran tried to kill me in one but it felt nice.

    When Kieran told me about his fondness for baths, it was like I was listening to a completely new person. A man who I thought was merciless and vile turned out to have a heart as warm as mine just, broken. I don't know what he was like before but when he turned soft on me, putting the wall he had up down, I'd see a glimpse of the pain he had buried inside him.

    I sat back up and drained the water from my hair, which has definitely gotten longer, and got out of the bath with a towel wrapped tight on my body. I drained the water and left the bathroom, heading towards the bedroom.

    Since I knew Kieran wasn't home, or going to be for some time, I was roamed freely; Kieran out of my shadow.

I kept my eyes shut as I walked down the hall in light steps when I was pushed back in my steps. Unable to keep my fragile body steady, I stumbled back until I hit the floor.

My vision blurred for a second by the impact but when I looked up I saw Kieran staring at me with a raised eyebrow. Looking as perfect as always in his gray slacks, white button down rolled up to his elbows and black suede shoes.

    The blood rushed up to my face, making my face glow red under his stare as I was almost completely naked. I raised my hands up to my chest and held the towel even tighter.

    "Are you okay?" He laughed lightly, amused.

    I pursed my lips and looked away. Oh my god. Why did this have to happen? I used my hands to push myself only to nearly fall back down, Kieran instantly grabbed my arm holding me up. My face only grew hotter and I knew it was redder.

    Kieran's low chuckle shook my body.

    He turned around and led me the rest of the way to the room. I tried to separate from him and head towards the closet but the grip he had on me was stronger than myself. He sat me on the edge of the bed.

    "I'll get you some clothes," He said and walked away, disappearing in the closet.

    I sat there on the bed bouncing my foot anxiously with my arms wrapped around me. I'm honestly glad for my longer hair. It was able to cover the majority of my flustered and embarrassed face. Kieran came back and set a pile of clothes next to me that I didn't hesitate to grab and rush to the bathroom.

    Oh fuck. This couldn't get any worse. First of all, when did he even get back?! He always sneaks in and catches me off guard. I groaned.

    Putting my clothes still embarrassed when I was finally bold enough to leave the bathroom with the towel in my hands. I stepped out, Kieran was nowhere to be seen and I took the chance to let out a heavy sigh.
I rushed to put the towel in the dirty laundry and on my way out Kieran sent a shiver down my spine when I saw him in the corner of my eye. I jumped in place and shut my eyes.