A New Kind of Light

It was...strange.

    Not having to fight with Suriah every single time I came back from work, whatsoever. It was odd not having her struggle and fight against every me. I could get more than used to this. In fact, I was already getting used to it and I wasn't sure if it was a bad thing.

    There was a new routine. I'd always leave the penthouse late in the morning because I'd never want to leave in the first place, Suriah always made it harder. And even though I could do whatever I pleased, I didn't have the time to make up for it. I'd do my set schedule with her in the back of my mind 24/7 and then go back home to my sanctuary. She was always cooking now, no matter what it was, she made it. There were several of her dishes in the fridge already but I guess, it was never enough for her.

    Luckily enough, the end of the week was here and I'd be able to stay with her for however long I wanted.

    I grabbed my coat from the chauffeur whilst making my way out of the building, to my car already ready for me. I didn't hesitate to hop in and wait impatiently as the drive drove to the penthouse. Everyday I wanted to see her more and more, it was like I needed her. As if I'd die without her. An addiction almost.
    Once I arrived, I exited the car and strolled into the mostly empty lounge.

    "Mr. Knight!" Someone called, I held my breath and turned around, "It's a pleasure to see you!".

    What impeccable timing. It's the manager of the residence. She was a taller red-head, most likely in her late 30's and came from England. Although I'm not really sure, I don't pay attention to these sorts of things. They're not my problem. I sighed.

    "Good evening," I greeted with a smile that was aching my face.

    "I'm sorry I never really have time to greet you, this place gets busy," She laughed.

    "So I've seen,".

    "Plus, it's not everyday you get to see the President of this building! How exciting," she joked.

    "Yes," I answered, "I'm afraid I do have to take my leave now," I didn't dare hide my shallowness.

    She gulped and awkwardly stepped away, "O-of course, sorry to keep you. Have a good rest of your night, Mr. Knight,".

    I smiled plainly and turned right on my heels, proceeding to the penthouse at the top floor. One in which I only had access to. And after a painfully long elevator ride, I was finally walking through the door of the house.
    I shut the door behind me, removing my coat and setting it on the island countertop as I made my way inside. A quiet melody played through the house. My eyes searched every corner of the main floor to find Suriah, but she wasn't there. I loosened my tie and walked up the stairs, looking in the rooms but strangely enough, she wasn't there either.

    I furrowed my eyebrows and paused in the middle of the bedroom, the sheer panic fogging my brain by the second. Where is she? I walked to the closet, searching through the clothes before storming back out and into the bathroom, still, not finding anything.

    She left.

    No.

    She couldn't have made it out.

    She's not here. Suriah's not here. She left me. She abandoned me.

    My heart throbbed at my thoughts, I felt the heat wave pass over my body causing my adrenaline to stir inside of me. My vision distorted, suddenly the music became louder than it should be and by far more antagonizing. I balled my fists, my eyes tearing the room apart. I turned on my feet, practically running down the stairs.