Freed From the Devil

TW// VIOLENCE!!

    Don't breathe. Don't move. Don't. Do. Anything.

Kieran drove painfully slow. I sat in the backseat with my head down, picking at my cuticles and barely even breathing because who knows, maybe that would be his last straw before crashing the car to kill us both. I wouldn't know. I don't know what he's thinking and that's the worst part.

Dare I look up and find we lock eyes, that might make him strangle me to death. I only had enough gut in me to stare at his knuckles turn pale white around the steering wheel. That's how his hands are going to look when he strangles me to death. I instantly darted my eyes back down, piping down the cries ready to come.

Oh, fuck. What did I do in my past life to end up living this hell rotten life now?! There's too many scenarios of what Kieran could possibly have in mind and I don't have a clue on which one would be the cause of my end. All Kieran was doing was driving and he already made me want to hide in the deepest and darkest corner in the world, and never come out. His silence was louder than any words. Sitting in this small space with him was suffocating me, haunting me, taunting me and there was nothing I could do about it. Other than silently cry.

Too lost within my spinning head, I hadn't noticed the car come to a stop. Where are we? This place is deserted. My heart began to thump loudly everywhere in my body, I could feel it in my neck, ears, hands and legs. I mean everywhere. The fact that Kieran sat there silently made me choke on my own breath.

An exhale finally came from Kieran. He opened his car door, slamming it shut when he was out. I watched as he removed his winter coat and suit jacket, not a thought behind those wicked eyes.

I took this chance to let out all of the fucking cries I've been holding in this whole time. God, please please let me see another day. I never wanted this to happen. I just wanted to live peacefully. I ran my hands through my hair and coughed out the rest of my weeps just as Kieran swung my door open.
Oh fuck. Maybe I should've never left.

Kieran threw his jackets in the car like I wasn't there and from the corner of my eyes, I saw him roll the sleeves of his dress shirt up. More unwanted tears dropped from my eyes. Stop crying, it's just going to make things worse.

"Suriah," He said too calmly. Shit.

Kieran sighed enthusiastically. He acts like this shit isn't happening. I turned my head to the side, trying to cover the amount of tears flowing out of my eyes.

"What a buzz kill," He said tonelessly.

I turned to look at him for the first time but met with his hands charging at me. Kieran pushed me further inside of the car adburtly and crawled into the tiny space, hovering above me. He slammed the car door shut, blocking the outside world off. I struggled weakly beneath him with even more tears starting to pour out of my eyes to the point where I started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Shh, shh," Kieran hushed, wiping my tears away, "Don't cry,".

Fuck! That's making shit worse.

"Suriah, don't cry," Kieran said in a more stern manner. Almost like an order.

I huffed out, tightening my lips closed to muffle the cries coming out. Kieran wiped away the rest of the bothersome tears blurring my eyes.

    "Do you know what I had to do?" Kieran asked, tracing his hands up my arms. A terrifying shiver crawled up my spine.

"Well," He sighed, "I had to walk back inside, empty handed, with several people asking me where my partner was,".