Warning

TW// VIOLENCE, ABUSE...

It's christmas. I could tell when I looked out the living room windows. The red and green lights hanging from people's balconies, the carriages riding couples and families around the city, there was even a parade I got the chance to watch. And even though it was a festive and warm holiday, there was holding but coldness in me.

I held my knees close to my chest and I sat leaned against the back of the couch as I watched the snowfall over the very busy evening city.

It's always so pretty in the winter.

Kieran was at work. I didn't know when he'd be back, he always came back randomly ever since he left to see his family. I respected it. I knew how rough family shit could get no matter how hard someone tried to make it easier. And it clearly didn't go well in any way.

I lifted my hand to my neck, gentry tracing over the bruising that turned heavily pigmented over the last couple of days. My eyes fell down, exhausted from the festive lights flickering on me. He never told me what happened and I'm too scared to ask. I sighed and found the window once again, crawling towards it and lightly touched its cold surface. It feels so nice. I want to go outside.

I dropped my head, pushed myself off the ground and turned around, hopping on the couch and turned on the TV, flipping through the channels. To no surprise, Kieran locked all of the news, podcast or anything really up to date or real. Just cause...you know. I decided on a movie I wasn't even paying attention to yet I still listened, unaware of anything, until the door clicked.

My eyes darted towards the sound and locked onto Kieran brushing the snow off of his jacket before removing it and his shoes at the front door. I crawled forward, extending myself on the edge of the couch and cocked my head to the side. He's handsome. Kieran removed his suit jacket and placed it on the island counter before his eyes met mine, making his glow immediately.

"Hi," He spoke quietly, squatting down in front of me.

My lips twirled into a smile. God, he's flawless.

"Did I make you wait long?" He teased me.

I rolled my eyes, "Only about...8 hours,".

He raised a brow, "Not too bad if you ask me,".

"I didn't," I giggled.

Kieran reached out, pushed both sides of my hair behind my ear then he held my face in his cold hands. I closed my eyes, He feels so nice. I hummed quietly putting my hands atop of his own until he finally pulled away and stood back upright.

"Your hair has gotten long," he commented.

"I know," I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "I meant to cut it a while ago,".

He tilted his head to the side and chuckled, pushing his own hair away from his face, which always looked perfect. He probably got it trimmed every other day or something.

"You're staring again Suriah," He hummed.

I laid on my back and covered my eyes, rolling off the couch at the same time, "I'm so sorry, I won't ever look again,".

I cautiously walked through the living room with my eyes covered until I heard Kieran's hypnotizing laugh right behind me, followed by his arms wrapping around my waist.

"What a tease," He joked.

"You're one to talk," I sighed, turning around and looking at him.

His birthmarks, trailing down his neck and scattered around his face, made him look even
more breathtaking. The ladies must go crazy over him. I lifted my hand and let a finger trace over the birthmark on his jaw, down to the ones on his neck. My eyes trailed over his face, his fox-like eyes putting me in a trance like always. And his lips, rosey and plump. I didn't even notice myself sigh as I locked onto his lips.
I want to kiss him.