Slowburn but Make It Quick Pt. 1

Ryder

"I don't have all day, you know." Brynn huffed as we walked across the parking lot.

I looked back at her. "Relax. We're almost there, babygirl."

She looked annoyed, which is different from what I'm used to. Other girls would kill to be in her position.

Brynn is very interesting. She is the first girl to not be in love with me. While other girls fell at my feet, she's feisty and doesn't listen to a thing I say. She is smart and intelligent and can read and has a personality. Unlike other girls, she'd rather eat a burger than a salad. She's not like other girls.

I will get her to fall in love with me. And when she does, I'll break her heart, just like all the girls before her.

Brynn

"There's no way I'm riding on that death trap." I said, looking at Ryder's black motorcycle.

"Relax, babygirl." Ryder said, throwing me a helmet.

"No way. Do you want me to die?"

He growled. "Do you know how special you are? You're the first girl that I let ride the motorcycle. Millions of girls would kill to be in your position."

"But I--"

"Get on! Now!"

I hesitatingly got on the motorcycle.

"You better hold on tight, babygirl." Ryder smirked. He revved the engine.

"Never- AAAHHH!" I screamed as the motorcycle sped up. I wrapped my arms tightly around Ryder, trying to secure myself. I can't help but notice how well defined his body is.

The ride seemed to last on for hours. The entire time, I clutched onto Ryder's body for dear life. Just when I thought this was never going to end, the motorcycle stopped.

"You can stop clutching me so tightly, babygirl." Ryder said.

I slowly released my hold on Ryder. I hesitatingly got off the motorcycle, and that's when I noticed his house. My jaw dropped. It was a large colonial mansion with a big lawn and the whitest walls. It was humongous, something only the richest people can afford. It looked like something from my wildest dreams.

As I walked into the house, I can't help but notice how long and spacious the hallway is. Every room is large and sparsely decorated. Everything is bland and emotionless, like no one's been living there for years. There's no feeling of homeliness or warmth in this mansion.

Suddenly, something caught my eye. It was a family photo. There were two grown ups, Ryder's parents, a kid version of Ryder, and a young girl next to him. I picked it up to look at it more clearly, but before I can do that, Ryder snatched it out of my hands.

"What are you doing?" He growled.

"I... I... I..." I stuttered.

"Never touch my stuff again." He snarled, putting the photo face down.

I can tell that he was affected by that photo. I wonder what happened. I wonder how it affected him. I wonder if I'll ever find out his secrets. I wonder what is under his dark and cold facade.

~~~~

"Can you focus for one minute?" I asked angrily. I've been trying to teach him math for twenty minutes, but he is too busy not paying attention and looking at his phone.

"No can do, babygirl." He smirked. I restrained the urge to kill him.

I try again. "So, the periodic table has 118 elements--"