Unresolved Everything Else

He was not there when I woke up in his room. The warm spot next to me and his soothing smell of tree pine, wood mint and something uniquely Ryder was the only proof that last night happened.

I got up and rubbed my eyes. That's when I saw a note next to the bed. I picked it up and it said, in Ryder's handwriting which I could read even though his handwriting is bad, Last night was a mistake. -Ryder.

The tears started flowing. I tried to stop it, but I can't. I can't believe he regretted sleeping with me. I can't believe he would do something like that to me. The worst part was, even though he hurt me so much, I still had feelings for him. That was what made me angry.

I wiped away my tears. Now is not the time to be sad. I need to find him and confront him. I stormed out of the room.

~~~~

"Where is he?" I shouted to myself.

I had walked through dozens of rooms but I couldn't find him. This house is too big. I'm never going to find him. I haven't even gone through all the rooms on the second floor yet.

Then, I reached another door. I could hear shouting behind it. I jiggled the handle, but it was locked. Maybe this is the door. I took out a bobby pin from my hair and picked the lock.

I opened the door and gasped in shock. Ryder was there, but he was not the only one. Opposite to the table, another man was bound and tied to a chair. Blood was splattered throughout the walls.

"What is going on, Ry?" I asked angrily. His enigmatic green orbs darkened at the sound of his nickname.

"Leave, Brynn. I'm trying to interrogate this piece of trash." He growled.

I looked at the said person. He had brown hair and brown orbs.

"Are you going to hurt him?" I asked in concern. "Ryder, don't do this. That isn't you. Stop. Don't do this."

"Leave me alone." He said, pointing at the door. I didn't go. Instead, I slowly walked closer to him.

Ryder shook his head. "Don't do this."

"No. I'm staying here, whether you like it or not." I said, stepping closer to him until we were only a step apart.

"What a cute couple." The Vhampyr said in a mocking tone.

"We're not a couple!" We both shouted. We looked at each other and I looked away quickly, trying to hide my blush.

"Why do you need to interrogate him?" I whisper-asked. I'm still mad at him.

"To find out information about the Vhampyrs." He whispered back.

I looked at the Vhampyr, studying him closely. Suddenly, I noticed something. He had a birthmark on his left arm. I squinted. It was in the shape of an eagle.

Yeah, my boyfriend. You know, brown hair, brown eyes, has a birthmark the shape of an eagle on his left arm. Oh. He was Gertrude's boyfriend.

"Listen." I said menacingly. "Do you know someone named Gertrude?"

"No." His voice wavered.

"Great. Then you wouldn't mind if I hurt her, or pull out her hair-"

In a second, he was choking me. "If you touch a single strand on her hair, you will be killed. You understand?"

Before Ryder could take a step towards me, I held my hand out. He stopped, and I smiled in return.

"Don't worry." I said, patting the Vhampyr's head demeaningly. "Your girlfriend won't be hurt if you tell Ryder everything about the Vhampyrs."