It's Really Not That Deep

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon. My stomach rumbled in anticipation. I tried to get up and immediately winced when a sting of pain went through my head.

I rubbed my eyes. This isn't my room. Where am I? The room was large with gray walls. It was very simplistic and neat, with only a chair, a table, and a bed. The room was easily larger than my house. I got off the king sized bed and followed the smell of breakfast.

I ended up in a large kitchen. As soon as I entered, I gasped at the sight. There was Ryder cooking breakfast, shirtless. Holy moly. He was wearing an apron, which made him look even more handsome. He slowly moved to the music, cooking and singing. I watched as his back muscles clenched, unclenched, clenched, unclenched, and turned into a muscular chest. I looked up, and found Ryder smirking at me.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." Ryder smirked. I blushed.

Suddenly, my head felt a bolt of pain. "Oww. My head hurts so much."

"You have a hangover from drinking too much." He said.

"Oh." Just like that, my hangover is gone.

"I didn't know you can cook." I said, changing the subject.

"That's because you don't know me, babygirl. I'm not just a pretty face, you know."

I guess I was wrong. Ryder wasn't the obnoxious playboy I thought he was after all.

"The food will be ready in a few minutes. Sit and wait." he says, returning to his cooking. I sit down, watching him cook. I could get used to this.

A few minutes later, Ryder placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. I quickly dug in, not caring about how I look.

"This is so good." I moaned. His orbs flickered when I did that.

I stuffed my entire breakfast into my mouth as quickly as I can.

"You know, most girls would eat slowly and prettily." He said.

"Do I look like most girls?" I said with my mouth full.

Ryder chuckled. "No, of course not. Here, you have something on the side of your mouth." He said.

I try to wipe it off my face.

"No, you're not doing it right. Here, let me." He puts his thumb on my cheek and slowly wiped it off my face. My heart began beating quickly, and my cheeks turned hot.

I looked at his lips. I want to kiss him so much right now. Ryder's orbs flickered, showing sadness, anger, envy, fear, surprise, anticipation, joy, amusement, pride, and something unknown. I might have imagined this, but I saw love in there too.

He moved away from me, and his orbs looked everywhere except me. "Did you remember anything about last night?"

"No, did something happen?" I only remembered dancing and playing beer pong. I also remembered Ryder Daniels kissing Brittany.

My heart felt a pang of pain. He doesn't like you, you idiot. He likes Brittany. Why would he like a loser like me?

"Nothing happened, babygirl." He said, scratching the back of his neck. He suddenly smirked. "So, you're in love with me, huh?"

"What? N-no! Why would I like someone like you?" I said nervously, fiddling with my fingers.

He leaned closer to me and our lips almost touched. My breathing stuttered. I wanted to kiss him so badly. I leaned forward.

"Do you want to go on a date with me, babygirl?" He whispered huskily.

I nodded. I desperately wanted to close the distance between us. I leaned closer and closer.