Filler Content

"What am I doing here?" I asked, leaning against the countertop. We were in Ryder's large, spacious kitchen.

"You're helping me make a cake." Ryder smirked. "Apparently, I have to do something to thank the people who helped me get the heirloom."

He took the heirloom out again and swung it in front of me. I wanted to look inside it again, but I restrained myself. I glared at him.

He laughed and put it back around his neck. Then, he took out all of the ingredients for the cake and put it on the counter.

We stared at it and waited for a few seconds.

Ryder finally snapped. "What are you waiting for? Make the cake!"

"Maybe I don't know how to make a cake, Ryder." I said, hatred simmering in my voice.

He groaned. "Can't you be a worse assistant?"

"Can't you be a worse boss?" I asked.

He rubbed his temples and sighed. "How do you not know how to cook? Aren't you poor?"

I gasped. "Of course I don't know how to cook. Cooking is girly, and I'm not like other girls. What you said was so offensive. It was almost as offensive as your hair."

His jaw dropped. "At least I'm better than you in every conceivable way."

"At least I'm not a douchebag."

"At least I'm not useless."

"At least my mom is still alive."

I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. Ryder looked shocked and hurt. He turned away from me and I could hear sniffling.

"Ryder, I'm sorry-"

"Put the sugar in the bowl." He said lowly and menacingly. His hands were clenched tightly.

"What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself, babygirl."

I tried to put sugar in the bowl. But since I was so clumsy, half of it was spilled on Ryder.

He mumbled obscenities under his breath. "Why are you so bloody frustrating?"

I was about to respond, but the words got stuck in my throat. I looked on as Ryder took off his shirt and started cleaning the sugar. His tan chest was beautiful, chiseled like a Greek god. It was mesmerizing. His eight-pack was very defined. I couldn't stop looking at the beautiful tattoo below his heart. I want to trace my fingers through it. I looked all through his chest, trying to soak it all in.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I heard Ryder say. When I looked up, he was glaring at me.

I looked away, trying to hide my flaming cheeks. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't stop thinking about his glare, his orbs staring intensely into mine. I wanted to run my fingers through his chest.

That's when I realized he said something. "What?" I asked, refusing to look at him.

"Continue." He said, pointing at the ingredients in front of me.

He continued teaching me how to make the cake, and I followed his instructions. Turns out, Ryder is amazing at cooking. There really was a lot that I didn't know about him.

I did pretty well after that, until I accidentally spilled flour on him. He looked at me menacingly as his chest was covered in flour. I wanted to lick all of the flour off him.

Suddenly, Ryder grabbed some flour and threw it at me. It got all over my clothes and my face. How could he do that?

I threw even more flour at him. He looked so angry, I wanted to stop. But I didn't. That's when we started throwing every ingredient at each other.