02|can be

(Australia, 5:30pm)

Thea walked into the house after the little scene she just had at work. Bolting the door from behind, she threw the keys on a table, in the middle of the sitting room and walked down to her room.

She didn't think of coming home after what happened today. She wondered what her mother would think of her when she found out that the only job they relied on for survival was gone.

"Thea? Is that you?" She hummed in reply, hugging her mom from behind.

"I'm home Mom," Thea said. "I hope you aren't stressing yourself out."

"I am not, there's not much to do, but you're early," her mother stated. The silence was enough proof that all wasn't well.

Jane turned to her gently, then palmed her face. "You've been crying," Jane stated once more, cleaning her tears with her fingers as her tender fingers could.

"I understand." The woman nodded her head in understanding, tears gathering shamelessly in her eyes. "Don't kill yourself over it Thea, you'll get another one."

Thea shook her head and sat on the bed. "Mother, I don't know what is happening to us. Ever since father died, everything has been.... different. I feel like a failure already, Mom."

"It'll be alright, Thea. Don't give up already. We'll survive." 

Thea didn't believe. Ever since Ashton left her and denied her child in front of everyone, things turned upside down for her. Thea sighed to herself. Shutting her eyes, she didn't hold back the sob that came from her throat.

***

Immediately Thea spotted Andrew, she turned to follow another route.

"C'mon now, are you still ignoring me?" Thea only strode faster."

"Thea, Thea, Thea wait a second." He gripped her hand in an attempt to stop her but she retracted her hands almost immediately.

"You seriously need to stop bothering me Andrew. What else do you want?"

"Just listen to me, will you? I am not dating Cassandra, so I don't know why she told that lie, I swear." Andrew told her.

"Whether you are dating her or not shouldn't be my business, Andrew. For goodness sake, you made me lose my job and what did your sick girl get? A scolding."

"Thea-"

"I have had enough of this drama. We were seeing each other as friends but I think it should stop. Goodbye Andrew."

With that, she walked away from him, leaving him behind to stare at her. Andrew tapped impatiently on his lap before combing his hair and walking away.

He was so positive that they were heading somewhere. He wanted to finally tell her how he felt about her that night but he couldn't. This happened because Cassandra came and accused her of being a boyfriend thief.