21|Feelings that,

The day went by faster than they wanted and Thea found herself at the hospital in the night. She had to sign a few documents at the hospital. When Ash insisted that he came with her, she refused.

Ashton walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water from the fridge. He took a large gulp before sealing it back. His eyes darted to the tray of cupcakes that sat on the kitchen counter immediately and he smiled as the memory came flushing in.

"Master Ryder?" The feminine voice called and he almost yelped in fear. How had he not notice that Mary would be home now. "Are you alright? You were smiling to yourself," she said to him and he just chuckled.

"I'm fine Maria, I'm just too happy that I can't keep my smile away."

"But what could make you this happy-" she stopped herself then thought. "Oh my Gosh, don't tell me it's-"

"In more ways than one." He joked.

"You guys finally made up, I'm so happy." She squealed.

"I'm happy too Maria, I'm too happy that I fear this happiness won't last,"

"Don't be so negative Master, I have always known that we two still loved each other but you were too angry to see pass it." She said.

"Really? I never thought you'd be that observant. Thank you Maria, your words mattered a lot." He said.

---

"I could have done this sooner," she sobbed. "If I knew getting back with Ashton was what will keep you alive for some time then I could have done this sooner."

Thea held her mother's hands softly. "He finally forgave me, is that enough to get you back?" She whispered. "Is it?" She said forcing her tears back to where it was coming from. She sniffed and covered her lips from the sob that sounded.

"I can't do this on my own, mom, why did you leave me?" She cried out. Just about then, strong arms wrapped around her in comfort. Though the cologne seemed unfamiliar but she needed the hug.

"It'll be alright," Zachary said to her.

---

"We went for a stroll," Zach said.

Ashton watched the video attentively.

"We just went for a stroll then I got a call from one of my workers than someone needed to see me urgently. She insisted that I go and she would be alright. I tried to talk her into letting me walk her to a safe corner near her home but she refused." He sighed.

"So you left?" Peterson asked with his left brow raised.

"Yes, that was how we met that night." Zachary said.

"What was your relationship with Mr. Samson Maxfield?" Peterson asked.

"He and I didn't share a relationship, he was just an ex to my girlfriend and I saw him as nothing much." Zach said.

"Not even as friends?"

"Why would I make friends with someone who wanted to take my girlfriend from me?" Zachary snapped.

"What do you mean?"

"He was my girlfriend's ex, my competitor, I didn't want to turn blind eye to it." Zachary hissed at them.

"But I'm sure Samson accepted the fact that she didn't love him and wanted a break up," Mr Peterson said.

"So she said. Is that why he killed her?"

---

"Where are you coming from?"

"I was needed at the station to give my statement," he said to Thea.