04|experience

"Good morning Mr Maxfield," She fumbled with her fingers nervously.

"Well, good morning to you, Miss Kennedy. How was your night?" He asked and she forced a smile.

"It was fine,"

"You sure don't look fine. Didn't sleep well?"

"I didn't sleep at all," he raised a brow at her. "But I'm sure you shouldn't bother yourself about it, I'm used to it."

"Not at all. I am concerned about all of my employees because I am a kind man. So, tell me Miss Kennedy, what bothers you so much?" He asked.

"Well, my mom is very ill and I spent all night looking after her," Thea said.

"That's very nice of you, you must have been through a lot in one night. You sure you don't need some time before you begin?"

"No, no, no, I can take care of myself." He nodded in agreement.

"Hope you know your duties as a secretary, Thea, but if you need any help understanding what you must do, ask Fiona over there. She's been here for quite a while or you can come to me if you like." He told her and she chuckled nervously.

Definitely Fiona, she thought.

"Thank you sir,"

"Now I need to know what I have for the day, send in the schedule quickly Miss Kennedy." He ordered in a cold voice before walking away.

"Bi-polar," she muttered to herself before sighing.

"Hey, Thea is it?" Fiona, a Blondie, asked and Thea nodded. "You need any help?"

"Yes, thank you."

---

"What do you mean? Freya wasn't with anybody," Ashton said to his personal agent.

"I'm not so sure of that sir," Ashton halted and turned to stare at Samuel.

"I would understand very much if you explained it better, Samuel." Ashton said to him.

Samuel looked around to avoid listening ears, then leaned to tell him. "I found out she was having a relationship with the manager of E.U Enterprise. Her friend, Susanne, told me yesterday."

Ashton frowned. "And who is the manager of this company?"

Samuel hesitated, regaining his composure before muttering a name Ashton had heard not too long ago. He shook hands with that man over a contract.

"Set up another meeting with him. Tell him there's something crucial that needs to be discussed."

---

Ashton closed the door to his home and the lights automatically turned on. He sighed in exhaustion before locking eyes with Claire, who was standing above the stairs.

"Is it true?" He nodded after sometime before continuing his journey up the stairs.

"I'm leaving for Australia tomorrow morning. You may join me if you wish," he said before turning down the corner.

Ashton put down his suitcase. Reaching for his tie, he pulled and unknotted it. Gently he reached for his buttons and unhooking them, he peeled the material away from his body.

He froze when he heard his phone ring. He turned to stare at the phone in curiosity before reaching for it.

"Yes?"

"I've done what you asked. The company seemed to be suffering from a lot of losses and the owner didn't hesitate to sell it to me,"

"Let me guess, he couldn't refuse such an offer?" Ashton said.