27|distress

Jace Lockhart pinch the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"It'll be ready by the end of the month I promise-"

"Don't make promises you cannot fulfill Lockhart. You owe me since the beginning of February last year."

"I know and I assure you that I will get your money before the end of this month." He said.

"Ending of the month you say, fine. I'll wait but if I don't get the money by then you'll know what I'm really capable of, I assure you that Mr. Lockhart!"

Jace sighed tiredly as he removed the phone from his ear. He dialed another number on his phone after a while of thought.

"Hello Claire,"

"Hey," she said.

"How close are you?"

---

Ashton was seated in his office, typing on his laptop attentively. When his phone rang, he picked it up without even glancing at it. Slowly, he drifted his attention to it and saw that his Financial secretary was calling.

"Hello Josh, have you sent it?"

Ashton cursed loudly when he was given a negative answer. "Why, why, why?!" He blurted out. "Where the hell are the records even? For goodness sake why has this not been taking care of until now?"

"Your father hasn't been in the office Mr. Ryder."

"And you didn't think to tell me this before?" Ashton yelled.

"I'm sorry but I thought he would come soon but it's been a week." Josh said.

"Fine, email it to me, I'll work on it." He hung up. "For the love of God," he said through gritted teeth.

Knock, knock....

"Come in," Samuel walked in.

"And where have you been?" He asked irritatedly.

"At the hotel." Ashton's lips curved into a smirk. "My goodness, I finally see the day you start getting acquainted with women." His bad mood seeming to have vanished into thin air.

Samuel sighed. "No it's not like that, I went for business purposes." Ashton leaned into his chair as Samuel took a seat before him.

"Isn't it what it's called? Business?"

"Decent business, I mean."
Ashton shook his head in amusement.

"What do you have there?" Ashton asked.

"It's something you need to see." Samuel said. He slid the disk still wrapped in it's case to Ashton. Ashton picked it up from the table gently.

"Well, are you going to tell me what it contains?" Ashton raised a brow in question.

"It's what was going at the hotel, you need to see it."

"Maybe later, I'm busy." Ashton said dropping the disk besides him.

"But you need to see it!" Ashton paused before blurting out. "No?"

"It's-"

"I said later," Ashton said.

"But Thea told me to give it to you. She says you should watch it when you receive it." Samuel rushed out.

"You're lying,"

"You can call her if you like but I can easily say that you refused to but you can't hurt her feelings-"

"Why didn't you mention it earlier that she sent it?" He excused slipping the CD into his computer almost immediately. "I would have watched it once you came in,"